♡Chapter 18

Names were an interesting thing.

Blossom couldn't remember how exactly she'd gotten hers. But she could remember how her sisters got theirs. Buttercup—like the flower—was a beautiful small thing. For the longest time she was scrawny and short and, well, small. But, like how the flower was poisonous and deadly—in contrast to its appearance—so was Buttercup.

But Blossom, for life of her, couldn't remember why she was called Blossom. The Professor knew. He knew everything about the girls.

If the professor was there, he'd of told Blossom the reason she got her name was because during the spring, when cherry blossoms started to bloom, she had first developed her pyro and cyro abilities. The scientists work had been proven effective.

However, the Professor wasn't there to tell Blossom how she'd gotten her name. So, the girl would have to do with not remembering.

The walk left lots of time for Blossom to reflect. Anxiety for her sisters' safety was immediately replaced with anxiety for the future. Him had involvement in a human experiment. And not just any, oh no. It was an experiment in which longevity, eternal youth, immortality all played a role. Blossom was a bit confused though. She thought her and her sisters had destroyed Him's work. So what happened? How was he... Oh no.

Was he working to rebuild his work? Did Bellum have information on the experiment? Was she feeding the information to Him?

All these questions swarmed in her head as she tried to decipher it all. None of it made sense. And those that did make sense, Blossom was iffy to believe. Sure, she hated the government. Always had. But there was a difference between believing in nothing, and believing in everything. Bellum might not have been the one responsible for Blossom and her sisters experimentation, but there were countless others who were. And now, Bellum was working with Him to create another genetic mutation of traumatized humans. Traumatized children...

They're only children... Blossom sighed. Her blood was boiling—literally. It hurt. It hurt really bad. She tried to focus on icing it over. But her mind kept racing and spiraling with thoughts about Bellum. Him. Experimenting on people.

The thin layer of skin on het wrist started to bubble as the blood in veins continued to boil at a rapid pace. "Shoot..." her voice was a tiny squeak. Strained and gravely. Blossom closed her eyes tightly.

Her head hurt. Her brain pounded against her skull. "Jenkins—" she stumbled.

Brick reached out to catch her. "Woah—" he cut off. "What's going on?" His eyes widened.

"Shit!" Buttercup almost pushed Butch over on her way to Blossom. Brick lowered Blossom to the floor and Buttercup dropped to her knees.

"Uh oh..." Bubbles frowned.

"What's happening?" Boomer questioned.

Buttercup ignored his question. She didn't need so scan Blossom to know she was burning up. She placed two fingers on Blossoms wrist then pulled away. "Shit! She's on fucking fire!"

"I was... I was over—" Blossom broke off, sucking in a sharp breath. "—thinking."

"Well stop thinking!" Buttercup hissed.

"Stop yelling at me!"

"Sorry..." Buttercup sighed. She poked her sisters forehead. "Come on, cool off!" She wasn't really talking to Blossom. The words were meant to of only been said in her head, but somehow escaped her mental-to-verbal-filter.

"I'm not a computer, Buttercup!" Blossom frowned. "I can't be... can't be restarted like a fucking... machine."

Ouch...