♡ Chapter 10

Red.

There was so much red.

The white tile floor was stained red.

Watered down crimson swirled to the drain on the floor.

It was dripping down her arm...

Oh god... it was blood!

There's so much blood!

It's everywhere.

She can feel it running down her throat.

Suffocating her.

"Bubbles!" He sister. Blossom. "Bubbles breathe! It's okay!" She felt far away. As if she wasn't in this room.

Oh god! The room! The walls were painted red... red with blood. Who's blood was it?

It dripped from her clavicle down her arm.

It was her blood.

"Bubbles, you need to wake up!" Blossom again. Why was she so far?

"Oh for fucks sake!" Buttercup this time. Wh—

Splash!

"AHHH!" Bubbles shot to an upright position. Her iris's cracked with a pattern of broken marble. The pupil turning into a misshapen diamond. It almost mimicked the appearance of a frog— just a little more human. Water covered her hair and face. It soaked the collar of her shirt.

"Oh thank God." Blossom exhaled.

Bubbles looked around. She wasn't in that dreadful room. She was here... in a hotel room. On the run from the President. On a mission. With her sisters.

"What happened?" Bubbles asked.

"You we're screaming like a banshee." Butch explained. "Grew a pair of claws and tore up the bed."

Bubbles gasped and looked down. Sure enough there were claw-marks in the mattress. The fluff thrown out and spread around her hands. She did take relief in acknowledging that there was no blood dripping down her arms.

Bubbles exhaled a shaky breath. Last night slowly coming back. After dinner, they had made it back to the hotel room. Somewhere along the way she fell asleep and had a bad dream. And from the way no light currently shined through the window, Bubbles determined it was night.

"You wanna talk about it?" Blossom sat down beside her on the bed.

"It was just a bad dream."