♡Chapter 14

Blood trickled down her chin. Her teeth were still sharp, but everything else had gone back to her human form. She looked lost. Lost in a world of death. Animal instincts.

Blossom had recognized that look immediately. It was the one Bubbles often wore after a mission. And she knew her sister hated the feelings swirling inside of her.

If she could take away Bubbles pain and give it to herself, she would. But seeing as that was both impossible and Bubbles would never allow it, Blossom stayed sitting down by the fire she'd made. She turned over the deer Bubbles had brought them.

Boomer scrunched his nose to the idea of eating deer, but a quick "you-either-eat-or-starve" speech from Brick shut him up.

"After we eat, someone needs to go on watch duty for Buttercup and Butch." Blossom said.

Bubbles didn't want to transform again. Who knew what would happen. But she decided she was the best option. None of the other tree could see from the clouds. None of the other three could stay hidden with the wildlife. None of the other three had enhanced senses of smell or echolocation. She was the best bet.

"I'll do it." The words felt like suicide. She'd have to be careful. The next few hours after she was back to being a human would be torture for everyone. But she would not loose herself. She would stand firm and know who she is.

'God.' Boomer sighed. 'How can anyone not admire her?'

"Bubbles," Blossom frowned. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." She said, tying the knot to her noose. "I'm certain." Slipping it over her head. "I'll be fine." The floor opened up and snap. Death had made its calling. "I promise."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I've determined you 'N I both have a death wish." Butch said. It had been quiet since he'd mentioned the zombie-lady and Buttercup had explained how Him had a hold on the government and the experiment.

Buttercups mind ached. So many different thoughts swarming inside, majority in which weren't even her own. It was a strange thing. To be haunted by yourself. Constant memories being retold the same gruesome way. Thoughts swarming your head. Telling you what you are, what you aren't. Programing errors and such, reminding you that you aren't really human. A machine. A tool. A weapon. A monster.

"I could have told you that much." Buttercup grumbled.

"Who volunteers to stay behind?" He scoffs. "Oh gosh," Butch's eyes widen. He reaches out and grabs onto Buttercups shirt—pulling her to a still.

"What?"

"Are we..." he gulps. "Suicidal?"

Buttercup stared at him with utter shock on her face. Though, that was a good question to ask. Buttercup pondered for a moment. Was she? That would explain a lot... but did she want to die? Well, to a point. She wanted everything to just end. All the pain and suffering her sisters went through. All the hurt she'd gone through. But life? No, she didn't want to die. She just wanted things to stop hurting.

"No." Buttercup rolled her eyes. "We're just pretty badass," she smirked.

"Amen to that." Butch grinned.

The two began walking again. A comfortable silence overtook them. Buttercup kept her eyes glued on the path ahead. For the past hour or so, every time she'd look over at Butch, her sensors would zero-in on the scar across is throat. That resulted in millions of questions dancing around in her head.

The biggest being what happened?

You don't just get a scar there by accident. Especially one that looks as if his throat was slit open at one point. Surgery? No, the line was too jagged to be made by a medical tool.