♡Chapter 19

The store smelled like rotten meat and expired milk. The stench burned Bubbles nose as she breathed it in for the first time. Ew. Blossom could practically feel the germs and dust crawling over his skin. Butch was the only one who—for some reason—wasn't affected.

"We'll need: waters, canned foods, entertainment, plates, silverware, napkins—or paper towels. See if you can find any vegetables with the canned foods. Pickles and pickled foods." He grabs a small red hand-held basket. "Divide and conquer."

The three spill it up, walking down every aisle to see what they could find. Bubbles—after checking the expiration date—put dozens of different drinks in her small red basket. Some of which she'd never heard of. A

few years back the Professor introduced all three girls to soda, coffee, and tea. He'd also tried to introduce them to Tv shows and movies, but Blossom hated seeing people—she preferred to read about them. Buttercup got bored after the first ten minutes and ended up asleep or up in her room tinkering on a new project. As for Bubbles? She didn't hate TV, but she didn't like it either. She'd grown up her whole life on social interaction being the only form of people-watching. The TV felt like an invasion of privacy sometimes. Even if the actors were paid to play certain roles, it still made Bubbles feel bad for catching people at such vulnerable moments.

"Bubbs, what did you find?" Blossom asked as she made her way down the aisle.

"Sodas, waters, and something called sparkling water." The blonde grinned.

"That tastes like shit." Butch chuckled. "Sparkling cider on the other hand, mmmm. Delicious." He held up his basket. "Ready to go?"

"I've got crackers, canned peaches, refried beans, and some sort of canned meat. Like... a fish." Blossom said.

"Tuna." Butch chuckled. "You've found tuna."

"Let's get a move on," Bubbles declared. "Faster we get back, faster Brick and Blossom—and us too—can start working on a plan."

Blossoms checks grew warm at the hidden smirk Bubbles threw her way. What the heck did that mean?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Thick dust covered majority of the furniture inside the house. Boomer accidentally moved a stool and there was a very clear distinction of where it once was and the floor. A clean circle of the leg surrounded by dusty greyness. So while the others were grocery stealing, they were stuck cleaning.

"They get to steal food and I'm stuck dusting." Buttercup frowned. "Tell me that's not bullshit."

"Oh it's a big shit of bs." Boomer grumbled. He'd found a mop and a bucket, and used the hose outback to fill it up. He was currently working on cleaning up the floors.

"I'm stuck with immature assholes." Brick rolled his eyes as he wound up a spiderweb around a duster. "That's more bullshit than you guys not being able to steal stuff."

"Come on, Brick." Buttercup snickered. "You know we're your favorites." She leaned against the wall and kicked one foot over the other.

Brick shot her a look. "No. You're really not."

Boomer snorted. "Someone's in denial," He chimed.

"I am not in denial." Brick groaned. "Get back to cleaning."

"I think he's too scared to pick favorites." Boomer shrugged. "Doesn't wanna hurt the other's feelings."

"Awww," Buttercup pouted. "Is little Bricky-Boy scared of hurting people's feelings?" She mocked.