♡Chapter 16

𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚙 𝚄.1-02
𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚎 70935
𝙰𝚐𝚎: 7
𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎: 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 #78
𝚂𝚞𝚋𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚛𝚢: 𝙽/𝙰

"Blossom..."Buttercups voice was pitchy.  Her two front teeth were missing, so her S's sound a lot more like like th. "This is stupid. Bubbles needs to be here. We should be with her."

"She's hurtting." Blossom muttered. She was sitting crisscross on the cold tile floor. A book about pyrokinetic energy resting in her lap. "We're not allowed to be with her after she's been through testing. Especially predator mutations."

"No, but we can go watch her through the window. Sit in the room and let her know we're there." Buttercup kicked a screwdriver against the metal wall.

Blossom sighed. "We're supposed to be training."

"Fuck training!" Buttercup watched the screwdriver roll back to her, then she kicked it again. "Our best friend is on a metal slab getting poked at and pried with needles and whatnot!"

"Work on your mechanics, BC." Blossom whispered softly. "They're listening."

"Good!" Buttercup threw her hands in the air. "Let them listen! I wanna see my sister, and I wanna see her now!"

"You're throwing a fit. You know what happens when you throw a fit." Blossoms eyes widened, her head snapping up to look at the girl. "Please calm down, BC. Please."

The heavy metal doors opened. Two men wearing lab coats walked inside. The one on the left was Dr.Fitz, the one on the right was Dr.Doyle. Doyle adjusted his collar and looked to Buttercup.

"No, no, no!" Blossom shut her book and stood up. "She didn't mean it! She'll behave!"

"Buttercup U dot one dash zero two." Fitz recited.

"Come at me doc!" Buttercups hands flew up into fists in front of her face.

"Buttercup, shut up!" Blossom hissed. Tears welled in the corners of her eyes. "Please, please, please."

Doyle sighed. "Override protocol—"

"Do not try to override me!" Buttercup gasped. "I'm a override your ass with my screwdriver! I'll shove it down your throat, ya hear?"

"—seven, nine, three-three, eight. Executive orders given by Dr.Doyle. Code nine, nine, three." Doyle finished.

Buttercup dropped to the floor. Knocked out cold.

𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚙 𝚄.1-02 
𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚎 299335
𝙰𝚐𝚎: 9
𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎: 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 #109 
𝚂𝚞𝚋𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚛𝚢: 𝙽/𝙰

Bubbles hanged halfway off the top of the bunk bed. Her hair piling in coiled knots. "I wonder if birds ever wonder what it's like to wonder what's it like to fly?" She said, her voice as angelic and soft as ever. She sounded dreamy, like she was high on some sort of medication the doctors flooded her with.

Buttercup snorted. "Sure, sure, sure." She rolled her eyes—er, eye. Where her right eye should have been, a black socket resided. Wires poking out and sparking every now and then. "Say, I wonder if the doctors ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to not loose an eye."

"You were arguing." Blossom chimed in. She sat on the bottom bunk, playing a game of chess against herself. Blossom herself had a split lip from getting in between the said argument between Buttercup and the doctors. "They did warn you."

Buttercup scrunched up her nose. "Didn't mean they had to punch you."

"They didn't punch me." Blossom sighed.

Bubbles giggled. "Guys I'm seeing stars." She said, sounding amazed as she gazed off into the distance.

"Bubbles, you're high." Blossom snickered. "How much sedatives did they have to give you this time?"

"Oh I dunno." Bubbles rolled over, a grin plastered on her face. "A dozen or so?"

"Damn! What were you?" Buttercup gawked. "An elephant?!"

"No, it was more like... a fuzzy elephant." Bubbles beamed.

"A mammoth?" Blossom inquired.

"Yup!" Bubbles snapped her fingers. "That's the one! Big doozy Y'know?"

𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚙 𝚄.1-02 
𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚎 9999331
𝙰𝚐𝚎: 14
𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎: 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 #2290
𝚂𝚞𝚋𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚛𝚢: 𝙷𝚒𝚖

"Burn it." Blossom cracked her knuckles. She cried out in pain as she tried to pry out a small rusted pole from her abdomen. "Burn it all."

"Trying to!" Buttercup said, panic lacing every word. "Where's Bubbles— shit! Stop doing that! You'll only make it worse!"

"I need to get this out of m—ahhhh!" Blossom broke off into a loud moan as she yanked the pole again. It was hard to tell where the red rust ended and Blossoms blood began. All she knew was there was gonna be a hole in her stomach.

Buttercup scrunched her nose and turned back to the paperwork files in her hand. "That's sick." She gagged. Both extremely grossed out and totally amazed.

"Burn it!" Blossom repeated.

A loud growl echoed throughout the dark office. An alarm flashed red and blared with warnings. "Shit." Buttercup knocked over a cabinet full of paperwork and doused over it with gasoline. "Him'll know we're here." Buttercup rushed over to the giant computer and plugged herself in. "Blossom I need you to—"

Boom!

Flames erupted over the cabinets and files. Each document crumbling into nothing but black charcoal under the heat of the flames.

Blossom stood with one hand pressed over her wound, and the other with fire dancing over her fingertips. "Way a head of you." She grinned. "I'm gonna go help Bubbles. You get this taken care of. We'll meet back at the jet."

"Yes ma'am." Buttercup nodded her head then went back to work.

Erasing everything on Him's new lab-project. Sure, maybe it could have been a scientific breakthrough. But the things he was doing in the lab? The torture he was putting people through? That was not okay. Buttercup found it ironic how a group of lab projects made from inhumane experiments were tasked to stop another lab project full of inhuman experimentation.

Moments prior, Blossom had gotten into a fight with a guard stationed outside this room. That's how she ended up with a pole sticking out of her stomach. "Narly." Buttercup snickered at the memory of the pole.

Just a few more seconds and everything on the computer would be wiped. No more immortality experiments. No more information to start over if it was ever put into play again.

Buttercup unplugged the cord and jerked to her feet. She sprinted out the room, down the hall, and towards the stairs. The last floor of stairs she tripped— ended up tumbling down the last flight. "Ow! Fuck!" She winced, massaging her sore tailbone. "Think I bruised my butt."

"Hello, doll." The voice was deep—demonic even.

Buttercup sprung to her feet. At the top of the stairs was a man. His eyes were tattooed black, rosacea stained his face. When he smiled that wicked grin, Buttercup nearly lost her mind. His teeth were filed into sharp points.

Him.

Buttercup backed up towards the door. Her hand reached out for the handle, and she turned it. The door flew open behind her.

She ran.