♡Chapter 53

Boomer tucked his hands behind his head. His eyes stayed narrowed at the scene in front of him. The timestamp kept progressively running faster, and faster, and faster.

"Guys, I think time's working faster in here." Boomer leaned forward, pressing the pad of his finger to the timestamp on the screen. "We've been in here roughly an hour, but the cameras outside show it's really been twelve. I mean, a whole day has passed outside, the sun is setting."

Bubbles frowned. "That's weird. So time just works different inside?"

"We're in a time warp." Boomer's face melted into awe. "Holy shit, man. We're in a freaking time warp!"

Bell shuffled nervously in her seat. "Should we tell the others?"

"It's irrelevant." Boomer leaned back in his seat. "Besides, no use winding up Brick's already wound-up stress-clock."

A shriek caught Boomer attention. He spun around to see Bubbles, eyes wide and scales flickering over her face before disappearing.

"What happened?" Boomer was quick to rise to his feet. He followed the direction Bubbles's shaking finger pointed at.

On the monitor for Team A, Brick was trapped under a slimy creature. It's chunky body hunched over as it's underbit mouth draws closer to his throat.

"Aw fuck." Boomer ran a hand over his face.

He was 100% certain he'd never been this stressed before.

What was it about his friends that made his heart feel like it was plummeting to it's death?

And then the lights went out.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

"GET OFF HIM!" Blossom's voice was brittle and shrill. She flung her hands out in front of her.

Ice shot towards the beast. It let out a loud cry. Four glassy eyes turning on Blossom. Red beads set deep withing slimy sockets. It curled his flat nose and bared it's broken teeth.

"What is that thing?" Brick was standing behind Blossom, a hand clutching his throat. He hadn't been hurt–thank god–but his neck was covered in drool.

"Barblich," Blake cringed. "I had to do my entry training against one."

"Entry training?" Brick questioned.

"In order to be welcomed at Quapla, you were thrown into a ring of sorts. You fought against one of Him's beasts." Blake squared his shoulders.

Bricks eyes widened. "What kind of─"

"Guys!" Blossom shot over her shoulder. "Help me!" She dropped to the floor, her palms pressed against the ground.

A wall of ice shot towards the Barblich.

It did not like that.

The slimy creature lunged forward, knocking Blossom across the hall. Her back hit the wall and she let out a cry. Brick was by her side in an instant, helping her to her feet.

"How'd you beat it?" Brick called over his shoulder to Blake.

"Its outer skin is impenetrable." Blake raked a hand through his hair. "I had to take it apart from the inside."

"Oh, ew." Blossom rested her palm against her head. Her ears were ringing and her world spinning.

"You good, pinky?" Brick questioned, holding up a finger. "Follow my hand." When her eyes jerked across instead of going in straight flow, he sighed. "Stop getting concussions. By the time we're done you're not gonna have a brain."