Chapter 2

"Thank you, I'll enjoy these." I open up the small cookie package, and I notice Butters watching me, waiting for me to take a bite. Once I finish a cookie he looks at me and tilts his head. "So? Yummy?"

I laugh, I haven't heard someone use that word in years. "Yeah, yummy."

Butters smiles and starts eating his food. Was he really waiting to make sure I liked my food before he started eating his? How does this kid not have any friends? He is super caring. Well, I guess now he has me. For 3 months at least.

I started to feel a bit guilty about the bet, but I need those 200 dollars, my sister's birthday was in half a year and I really wanted to get her something nice, since she turns 16. I just need to keep reminding myself that it's for her. This should be easy.

Once lunch ends me and Butters walk to class, we had a history class together so we were headed the same way. He tells me about his job at the ice cream shop. He really does talk a lot. This must be why Cartman wanted me to get him away. I don't mind the talking, it reminds me of my little sister. It's nice to have background noise.

"Kenny, do you have a job?" Butters question catches me off guard. "Uh, no. I haven't been able to get one. I don't have any nice clothes to wear to a job interview so I usually get shot down.". Butters scratches his head and looks at me. It feels like he is evaluating me.

"Come work with me then." 

"What?" There's no way he just offered me a job.

"Me and the store owner are really good friends. I can get you hired. I can tell you're a good fella!" He was serious. It was a lot to think about so I just told him I would get back to him. A job would be nice, but I already have a lot on my plate.

I sit next to him in history class. I'm trying to figure out what his type is. 3 months seems like a long time but it'll go by fast, I need to work quickly. I know he likes when people listen to him and hang out with him, but everyone likes those things, I need to stand out.

He passed me a note during class, it has his phone number on it, "Text me if you want to learn more about the job." the note was written neatly, and his handwriting is nice. I made sure to add his number to my phone when I got home.

I don't really know what to text him. I don't text people that much, but the more I talk to him the more he will trust me so I have to give it a shot.

Kenny: Hey, it's Kenny. This is Butters, right?

Butters: Yep! Are you texting about the job?

Kenny: Actually, no. I just wanted to talk to you :)

Butters: About what?

Kenny: Anything! What are you up to right now?

Butters: I'm working.

Kenny: Oh sorry, am I interrupting?

Butters: Not really, it's slow today. I wish someone would come in.

That gave me an idea.