Chapter 9

Leo groans into his knees, "My head..."

I knew he would get a hangover, no one gets that piss drunk and walks away fine. I get him some water and painkillers.

"Drink this and take these. Then lay down, your head is going to hurt for at least 3 hours."

He takes the cup of water from my hands, "Thank you, Ken."

He doesn't smile at me like he usually would. His head must really hurt. I get him a clean blanket and drape it over him. I didn't think I would end up taking care of him but I guess it's my fault for not stopping him. And I can't just leave him with his hangover, if I sent him home now his parents would definitely know he was drinking.

He snuggles into the blanket. I rest my elbows on the bed next to him while I sit on the floor. "So, was getting drunk everything you had hoped for?"

His face gets red again, "I guess so... I'm still embarrassed that I came onto you like that, it was so unlike me, but I know that alcohol does that to you so I can't be too surprised."

I rest my head on my arms and look at him. He is looking back at me with a guilty look, again, like a puppy. Maybe I should start calling him that. Couples do it.

"Puppy."

"You keep saying that..." he hides his mouth with the blanket.

I smile, "Yep. I just think it's the best way to describe you. You always make expressions like a puppy and you're easy to read like one too. Not to mention you were practically wagging your tail on top of me last night."

He hides under the blanket. I think reminding him of cute things he has done around me works towards getting him to like me. 

"Don't talk about it..."

"Okay, but I'm not mad, you look really guilty and I need you to know that you don't have to feel that way."

He looks up at me as if I just cracked an ancient code. I guess he has never heard someone reassure him like that. I need to keep track of everything in my mind, all the small details.

"Hey, about something you said last night..."

"Hmm?" 

"You uhm... you said you wouldn't sleep with me while I'm drunk. I appreciate that you were looking out for my feelings... But does that mean you were going to if I wasn't..."

He trails off, this must be hard for him to ask. It's hard for me to answer, that's for sure. I won't go as far as sleeping with him for this bet, I'm still a virgin and I plan to lose my virginity to some hot french chick. But if I say no, will it be a step backward?

"I don't really remember much. I was pretty drunk too." I lie.

"Oh, okay. Then I guess it doesn't matter..." He closes his eyes.

Without realizing it, I fall asleep, and when I wake up, Leo is playing with my blonde hair.

I look up at him, "You having fun?"

He continues to fiddle with my hair, "Yea. Your hair is soft. I thought it would feel rough, but it's fluffy..."

The way he looked at me made me feel odd, it was a sad expression but also filled with longing. How can he make these faces? My heart is speeding up, I must be coming down with a cold or something.