Chapter 39

"Leo, should we make dinner? Do you have any food here?"

He sits up, "I do, I have some frozen ravioli, not very fancy but it can feed us all, should I go make some?"

"Yeah, I'll help."

We walk to the kitchen quietly, being careful not to wake Karen from her nap. 

Leo hands me a pan to fill with water. His kitchen is really nice, I don't have a stove that actually works, everything here looks so fancy. I would love to live in a place like this.

We put the frozen ravioli in boiling water, and now we wait. Leo takes off his turtle neck to reveal a tank top underneath. "Leo? Why did you take it off?"

"It was getting annoying, it's been rubbing against my neck all day, I just wanna let it breathe for a while since it's just us right now."

I sit down at the table as Leo sets up some plates. He really would make an amazing husband. He is good at cooking, and cleaning, he's caring, and he can keep a job. I would be so happy if I could come home to his bright face every day.

I stand up and hug Leo from behind, resting my chin on his shoulder. We sway back and forth while Leo cleans a few plates. My body is completely pressed up against his, I can feel every move he makes.

"Kenny."

"Hmm?"

"I can feel it poking me."

"I can't help it."

"Well try, your sister is asleep in the other room, we can't let this escalate..."

I kiss his neck, making him flinch a little bit, "She's a heavy sleeper. We both are, it happens when you live in a loud household like we do."

"Still..."

"Don't worry, I won't do anything drastic, just ignore it."

He finishes washing plates and sets the table. He sits down and looks at me, "The food is probably almost ready."

"Do I just drain the water and put the food on a plate?"

"Yeah, careful not to burn yourself."

"Will you kiss it better if I do?"

He rolls his eyes, doing his best to look annoyed, but he can't hide the blush covering his face.

I turn off the stove and finish preparing the food. Once it's divided up between our three plates I put the pan in the sink, "I'll go get Karen."

Karen is still sound asleep, I gently shake her shoulder and she groans, "Kenny... What time is it?"

"Dinner time, get up, we made food."

She slowly sits up and rubs her eyes, I'm happy with how rested she looks.

-

We all ate our dinner quickly, it was a long day so we were all pretty famished.

"Karen, did you sleep well?" Leo asks

"Yeah, your couch is super comfy. I could sleep for days on that thing, my bed at home is a brick compared to it."

Leo smiles, "I'm glad! You can sleep there tonight if you want, or you can use my parent's room, they have a king-sized bed, it's nice."

Karen's eyes light up, "King-sized!?"

Leo nods, "Mhm! It's super cool, you should try it out!"

I can practically see the flowers blooming around them, they clicked so well. Which makes sense, as they have very similar personalities.

"Kenny? Kenny." Karen is trying to get my attention

"Oh, sorry, I zoned out a little bit. What's up?"

"I was wondering where you were gonna sleep. If I take the king bed, you might have to sleep on the couch, is that okay?"

I look over to Leo, and he shrugs, "Well, I was planning on just sleeping with Leo."

Karen raises an eyebrow, "As long as you keep it down in there."

Leo's face gets bright red, mine probably got red too. "Not like that!"

She giggles, "I'm teasing, calm down! You both look like you're gonna explode."

Leo and I look at each other, then laugh. This dinner is nice, it feels like I have a real loving family.