Chapter 45

"HEY! PUT US DOWN!" Karen screams.

The police are dragging me along, "Kid! Quit dragging your feet and walk!"

But I can't, my body feels heavy and I just can't keep up with them.

I have no idea what's going on but all the yelling is overwhelming. I glance at Karen who is being asked questions, "Did that boy take you from your parent's home and refuse to bring you back?"

"Well yeah, he saved me from-"

"So he did kidnap you..."

"What? No! He was just-" The officer was already walking away from Karen and towards me.

I look over at Leo, he is staring into the distance, and he looks horrified. What is he staring at?

I follow his gaze. My fucking parents.

They did this, they called the cops on their own son.

The officer reaches me, "You are under arrest for the kidnapping of Karen McCormick. You have the right to remain silent, if you choose to give up that right anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

He handcuffs me and starts dragging me towards a car, I can hear other officers talking, "Look at the kid, he is obviously drunk or something, he can't even walk. Poor girl, getting kidnapped by her own brother. Sickening."

I want to speak, want to tell them how wrong they are but I can't, I'm so dizzy. I can only watch.

The door to the car shuts and I peek out. Leo is trying to run to the car but gets tripped by an officer, Karen runs to him to help him up.

I scan the crowd that has built outside of Leo's house, and my dad and I make eye contact. Bastard, he looks like he just won a bet or something. This was all his fault.

The car window is still rolled down a little bit, I muster up all the strength I have and yell. 

"LEO! KAREN! TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER!!"

The car zooms off towards the station.

-

A dark, cold cell. Gray walls and a small mouse hole are all I can see. The officers told me I have to be held here for 3 days until I can get a lawyer and start my trial. 

My skin is cold but my body is hot. My head is pounding, and it feels like all the blood in my body is pulsing. I pass out again.

-

"Kenny, my name is Gerald Broflovski. I am your lawyer for this case." The lawyer I was given meets me in an interrogation room.

"Holy shit, you're Kyle's dad-"

"Kyle heard what happened and insisted I help you to the best of my ability. I need you to tell me everything that has happened. Kidnapping can land you in jail for up to 20 years, so we need to get our details sorted out."

"Right, okay."

I tell him everything, my and Karen's childhood and what happened two days ago. 

"I see... If we can get your parents charged for abuse and neglect we can probably cancel out your sentence, saying it was for her safety. Do you think she will be willing to testify for you?"

"Definitely. We have been a team forever. Leo probably can too, he saw everything."

"Leo?"

"Butters. Stotch?"

"Ah, the Stotch kid, okay. I'll have a talk with both of them. In the meantime, stay silent, and don't tell anyone anything they could use against you. The police are never on your side, got it?"

"Yeah, got it."