Chapter 16

"Butters, I'm so glad you're here. I wanted to have a little talk." Cartman holds up the envelope.

Tweek and Craig get up and leave, they probably don't want to watch this. I don't either, but I don't have a choice.

"Why do you have that..? Ken? Did you show my note to Cartman? Why?" He looks at me, I don't look back at him. I stay quiet.

Cartman chimes back in, "Let me tell you a story. Our little friend Kenny here is horribly poor. He will do anything for a good amount of money, and I just happened to receive 200 dollars from my mother a couple of months ago. So we made a little bet. Any guess at what this bet was?"

Leo steps away from me, he doesn't answer Cartman, I can't bring myself to look at his face right now.

"Okay... Then I'll just tell you. I told him that if he could make you fall in love with him within 3 months, he would get 200 dollars. And judging by the contents of this letter, he succeeded. So tell me, I want to know how it feels to be played like a fiddle."

"You're lying. He's lying, right Ken?" He crouches down to meet my averted eyes.

"No. He isn't. I'm sorry Leo."

Suddenly a sharp pain pulses through my jaw, Leo just punched me. I look up at him, he is crying. 

"FUCKING ASSHOLE!" Everyone in the room looks over at the scene.

Cartman starts laughing and takes a picture, "This is too good!"

"Fuck you Cartman! Why? Why did you guys do this to me? Do you enjoy running my life?! I knew you were an asshole Cartman. And Kenny... I thought you were better, but you're the same fucking jerk that Cartman is." He storms out of the lunchroom, wiping the tears from his eyes.

I sit back up and hold a hand against my jaw, "Ow."

Cartman keeps laughing, and my friend Kyle chimes in, "Dude, you seriously are deranged, that poor kid was heartbroken and you're laughing?"

"That was the whole point, Kyle! You'll understand when you're older."

Everyone goes back to eating lunch as if nothing happened. 

-

I go to history class and sit in my usual spot. When Leo walks in he has different clothes on, he sits in the opposite corner, as far from me as he can be. He has no expression.

My brain feels like soup. 

-

I go to sleep that night without eating, I don't have an appetite after all the drama today.

--

I find myself in a dream, I know it's a dream because everything is made of clouds, which doesn't exactly happen when I'm awake. 

I like dreaming. It's like watching a show but way more personal.

A voice echoes through the space, "Ken. Are you still thinking of me?"

It's Leo's voice, he sounds sad. 

"I guess so."

"Then come to me."

He appears in front of me, he isn't wearing anything.

This is a dream, so I can do whatever I want. I might not even remember this dream when I wake up so it doesn't matter anyway.

I kiss him and hold his body close to mine.