Part 36

Sivu decided to wear her Bengal cotton saree and grabbed a shawl. Achchu grabbed a shawl as well. Adheer and Poonam led the way to the village which was less than 10 mins walk. The villagers were excited to have people from the city sit with them and watch their dance drama. They had set up a spot on the grace of the young couple. Achchu and Sivu were welcomed and were asked to sit, which they did. They were offered water, which they refused. The villagers, men, women and children were all gathered around. The 'Stage" which was just an area on the grass land, right outside their little temple, was cleaned up for the artists.

There was a guy in a dolak and another with a harmonium. The show started with a devotional song praising Radha Shyam and the love between Radha and Shyam. Then the dance drama began. The young Radha was sitting on the banks of the river lost in thought. She was sad and worried. Her friend comes to her asking what was wrong and she says that three days ago she and her Shyam had exchanged varmala (garland). He had filled her maang with sindoor in the privacy of their hut. He had spent the entire night showering her with love but when she woke up in the morning, he had left to graze the cows and had not returned. She had heard stories of wild animals and was scared. She was in no mood for anything. She did not want to eat or sleep. Her friend told her not to worry and her Shyam will return to her and left Radha alone. A few minutes later Radha heard the bhansuri (flute) far away. She wiped her tears and jumped in joy. She could recognize the tunes of his Bhansuri from anywhere. She quickly went in to prepare his favourite food because she knew he will be hungry. She changed and dressed up for him. Just then she heard the screams of the Gopika's trying to flirt with Shyam but Radha only smiled. She knew that all the young girls flirted with her Shyam but his eyes and heart always searched for Radha. Shyam knew the notes in his Bhansuri that will melt Radha's heart so he played that and Radha automatically swayed to the tune. It was so mesmerizing that she twirled and she swirled until she reached his arms. He held his Radha while she was trying to catch her breath. Then they danced in love.

The shringar ras was so beautifully performed by the singers and dancers. Sivu was completely lost in the entire love drama and leaned on Achchu's shoulder. He wrapped his shawl around both of them for warmth. After the show, prasadam was distributed in palm leaves. Khichdi and batasha, which was the most humble yet absolutely delicious food. The villager thanked Achchu and Sivu but they thanked the villagers for having included them in their celebration. They walked back in silence. Sivu was still mesmerized by the love between Radha and Shyam.

As soon as they reached their room, Achchu shut the door and turned around to be surprised by Sivu's hug. He hugged her back with a smile and said, "Ennachu dhideernu?" Sivu held him tighter saying, "Radhaiyum Krishnarum oruthar mela oruthar ethara anbu vachirundha illiya? Andha Gopigal madiri ellam oruthi unga pinnala vandha kooda enakku eppidi eriyum theriyuma? Kolaiye paniduven naan." He laughed admiring her innocence and said, "Ethara per vandhaalum Krishnarukku eppidi Radhaiyo appidi thaan enakkum nee. Aana unakku onnu theriyuma, Unna thavira enna oruthi kooda thirumbi paathadhe illai" and he made a sad face. She giggled and said, "nalladhu adhu appidiye irukattum. Oruthi ungala katti puduchundu nikkarene, onnum panna maatela?" He was shocked by her boldness. His arms went around her waist to lift her up for a soft, gentle and passionate kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck. As he let her down, she continued to kiss his chin his neck and then unbuttoning his shirt to kiss his chest. He picked her up to the bed while she continued to kiss him. His shirt was was on the floor already and so was her saree. Her eyes was overflowing with sensuality. She grabbed his face and started kissing his passionately. He had never seen her wanting him so much and he was going to give himself to her. Her body was reacting to every touch of his, exciting him even more. They were completely into each other and lost in the moment. They made love like there was no tomorrow. There were no barriers whatsoever and like Radhe Shyam, the became one in each others arms.

Brinda Subramanian

Konjam over aa poitomo? Seri povom. So guys, who ever tries to entice Krishna, his eyes and heart is only for his Radha 💜