Honeymoon revelation

Manikandan and Radhu were finally going for their honeymoon. It had been almost a year since their marriage and the two young couple hadn't taken a break just for themselves. With a whole lot of night rotations as well, they barely got to spend quality time with each other. Radhu had a month before starting her specialty and Manikandan quickly booked a nice room at TTDC in Ooty. Radhu hadn't traveled much and she had definitely not left the borders of Kerala so Ooty was going to be a new experience.

The couple were happily sent off by Chachu, Sulo and Rajan. The destination was absolutely gorgeous on a hill top. It was a large room with a balcony and an attached bathroom. The hotel van picked them up from the station. At the registration desk, Manikandan announced their arrival to the staff saying, "Mr. and Mrs. Manikandan". The staff welcomed with smiles and their key was handed over. The room was on the second floor and they took the lift there.

As soon as they walked into the room, Radhu said, "Aahaa". She placed her bag on the bed and walked towards the balcony. Manikandan placed the suitcase in a corner and grabbed her bag to put it on top of the suitcase. He followed her to the balcony and wrapped his arms around her waist. She sighed with a smile and said, "Ethara azhaga irukku illiya?" He kissed her neck and said, "Hmm" and then turned her towards him, pulled her closer kissing her forehead, eyes and lips. She tried to push him away saying, "Ayyo enna pannarel? Ange paarungo. Andha malai ellam ethara azhaga irukku. Adha rasikkama Neenga vera." He was a little hurt by her remarks, "Nammaku ange aathula privacy illai nu Unna inga kooteendu vandha nee malai, maram, chedi kodi nu pesariye?" She gently pushed him away and said, "Namma oora chuthi paakalaam. Irungo naan poi kulichuttu varen." He smiled saying, "Naanum kooda varattuma kulikka?" She glared at him and said, "adhellam onnum vendaam" and pulled away from him.

Manikandan had noticed that Radhu had been avoiding having sexual relationship with him. She would be fine with the foreplay but would give some kind of excuse and avoid the intercourse. He was not sure what it was. That was another reason for him to have brought her here. Also he realized that she was very reluctant to even expose her entire body to him. If he would fondle her breasts she would quickly cover it up and would always keep her in skirt on. Initially, he assumed that she was just shy but it had been 10 months since their marriage and he hadn't been able to get too far.

Radhu came out of the bathroom fully clothed and  Manikandan decided that he was going to talk to her about it like two adult partners. So he gently grabbed her hands and said, "Radhu nee enna nambariya?" Radhu looked at him puzzled and said, "Nambaamiya ungla kalyanam paneenden?" and she tried to walk away but he held on to her hand and said, "Appo inge vandhu ukkandhu enkitta pesu ma. Naan edhavudhu thappu paninena?" She immediately looked at him and sat beside him, "Ayyo enna neengal ippidi ellam kekarel? Neenga enna thappu panninel? Onnume illiye." He cupped her face and said, "Appo naan thodardhu unakku pidikaliya?" She looked away saying, "Neengal ennoda aambadayan. Adhu eppidi pidikaama irukalaam." He said in a stern yet gentle tone, "Radhu ennoda kanna paathu pesu." She was not able to look up. He said it again, "En kanna paathu sollu unakku enna prachanai?"

Radhu burst into tears and hugged him. Her entire body was trembling. Manikandan was worried for her but he just wrapped his arms around her and let her cry. After a while she slowly calmed down but what she told him after that broke his heart. She said, "Enakku ungala romba pudikkum. Neengal enna thodum podhum sugama irukkum aana ennoda 8 aavudhu vayasulerndhu 13 vayasu varaikkum nadandha oru vishayam enna romba disturb paneerku. Unga kooda sagajama irukka paathalum enakku adhu nyabagam varum, veruppu varum. Oru ponnukku Appa illaina avalukku paadhukaapu illaingardhu romba chinna vayasula naan therinjundooten. Enga pakkathathula oru mama irundha. Avaatha mami nammathukku vandhu amma ku konjam help pannuvaa. Mami aathukku varathe, en kitta mama ku pechu thonaiku po nu anuppi viduva. Naanum minaala ellam poven. Andha mama vum en kooda nanna pesuva, pallankuzhi ellam velayaduva. Aana naal aaga aaga andha mama enkitta thappa nadandhukka thodangina. Enakku pudikka ve pidikkadhu aanalum mama vida maata. Yaaru kitteyavudhu chonna ennayum ammavayum oore vitte thorathiduva nu vera chonnadhu naala Naanum yaarukitteyum idha pathi chollalai. Idhuve nammaloda kalyana vaazhkaila oru thadangala varum num ethir paarkalai."

Manikandan did not know what to say. He wrapped his arms around her tightly. He was angry about what had happened to her. He could not believe that someone would take advantage of a young girl like this but he did not know what to do. He said, "Radhu romba sorry naan Unna kashta padutheerndhen na. Aana nee ippo unnoda Bharatha erakki vechachu. Innime ellam seri ayidum. Nee ethara time venumnaalum eduthukko, seriya? Nee edhapathiyum kavala padadhe. Onnu mattum nyabagam vachukko, naan ennakum Unna kashta padutha maaten." She felt like a huge load had been lifted off her chest.

They both sat there in each other's arms quietly for a while then Radhu said, "enakku Ithana varsham illadha paadhukaapu ippo unga kitta thonardhu. Enna ippidiye eppovum paathupela?"

Manikandan held her tightly.

Brinda Subramanian