Part 56

Sivu's temporary part-time position had turned into a more permanent one. It had been almost 4 years now, since she started. She was still the maths teacher but she was promoted to teaching 10th and 12th class mathematics. The school was seeing great results since she started. The students loved her patient and positive attitude towards teaching. She was clearly very passionate about her job. It brought her a lot of pleasure and that showed at home as well.

Meanwhile Aishu papa was growing fast. She was quiet fluent in Tamil and Bengali and had picked up basic English as well. Bengali was almost like her first language since she was spending a lot of time with Geetha didi. Although she continued calling Sivu "Amma", Achchu was "Baba". She was in nursery school at this point. She definitely had a strong personality. She loved to sing, dance, color and was spunky like her mother. Aishu's nursery school was right around the corner from their house. She was there from 10am to 2pm. Sivu taught 3 classes so she dropped Aishu at school a picked her up on her was back.

Aishu's 4th birthday was celebrated at home. Achchu got a cake from fleuries and Samosa from the neighborhood mittai wala. The children from the building were invited over. Aishu was excited about cutting the cakes and her friends singing the birthday song for her. After everyone left she opened up her presents. Someone had gifted her a Cinderella magnet pencil box, one kid had brought her a coloring book with coloring pencil set and a couple of story books. She loved all her presents but her favourite was the magnet pencil box. She placed her color pencils, her natraj pencil and her scented eraser in it and put it safely in her school bag. She made sure her wooden ruler was in the bag as well. After all the excitement and  sweet rush, she was tired and fell asleep on Achchu's lap. He carried her to the bed and placed her there. She was holding on to his finger so he gave her some time to fall asleep before unlatching himself. He headed back to the hall that Sivu had just finished cleaning and she sat on the couch. Achchu went beside her and slowly massaged her neck. She smiled and moaned. It felt good. She then grabbed his hand and said, "Adhukulla 4 varsham odi pochu, illaya." He agreed kissing her neck. Sivu then sat between his legs letting his wrap his arms around her waist. He was peppering kisses on her nape and it felt pleasurable. She placed her palm on his cheeks and turned around. He quickly placed a kiss on he lips. She closed her eyes and got closer to let the kiss get longer and passionate. "Enakku ippo oru pulla kozhandhai venum nu thonardhu. Aishu thaniya irundhu romba kettu kutichavaru aagara. Avalukku oru thambi vandha konjam aganguval. Neenga enna chollaren?" Achchu held her tighter saying, "Enakku romba naala indha aasi irukku maa." He quickly picked her up taking her to the other room saying, "Kozhandai nanna thoongara avala disturb panna vendaam" he rushed to remove her clothes. It had been a while since they had passionately enjoyed each other without being concerned about disturbing their daughters sleep.

Few months later, Achchu returned from office to find the 5 months pregnant Sivu fuming in anger. Aishu ran up to him lifting up her hands. He picked her up and she quickly started kissing his cheeks. He knew right away that she had been up to some mischief. He looked at Sivu and asked, "Enna maa achu? Yen kovama irukke?" Sivu answered, "Unga seemandha puthri kittaye kelungo. Maanam pordhu ivalaala." Aishu immediately went on, "Baba Baba, dekho amarke dekho (Baba look at me)". He said, "Tamil" then she promptly continued, " seri seri kelungo. Inniki school la naan Bunty kitta ukkandu irundhen. Avan paavam Baba, ava amma vittuttu poita Appo azhundhan. Naan poi don't cry nu cholli avan eye thodachu vitten Baba. Adhu good girl thaane Baba? Aana andha Master Don't talk cholli ennoda ruler vachu ennaye aduchaar Baba. So enakku kovam vandhudhu. Ennoda scale a pidingi naan Master a thiruppi adichen." Achchu was shocked but amused at the same time. He was trying to control his laughter and he looked at Sivu who was frowning at him. "Ellam Neenga kudukara chellam. Naalikki Neenga poi sorry kelungo andha master kitta. Indha Rakshasi kaaga ellam ennala mannippu kekka mudiyadhu" and she gave Aishu a slap on her butt. Aishu yelled at Sivu, "Baba dekho na Amma amarke maarche (Appa see, amma is spanking me). Achchu put her down and said, "Kutty maa nee paninadhu thappu. Nee yen Master a adiche?" She placed both hands on her hips and asked, "Andha Master yen permission kekaama ennoda scale edutha? Neenga thaane chonnel orutharoda permission illama avaloda things thoda pdadhu nu?" Achchu couldn't help falling in love with the two precious people in his life, both frowning at him and both with the same pose, hands on their hips. He smiled and looked at Sivu, "Seri naan naalikki school ku poren. Ippo kaapi kedakkuma?" Then he looked at the tiny human and said, "Master ellam adikka pdadhu kutty maa. Ippo poi enakku kaapi kondu variya?" She smiled and ran to find her tiny cup in her choppu saman box.

Sivu brought him the coffee when he handed her a letter saying, "Indha, Radhu kittendhu letter. Oh sorry, Dr. Radhika kittendhu letter. Sivu grabbed it smiling and ripped it open, "Avalukku kalyanam nichayam panirka. Nammal thaan daravaathu thara am nu kettu ezhudeerka. Mapillai Dr. Manikandan Rajan." They looked at each other smiling. Just then Aishu came with her "coffee" for her Baba screaming, "Aiyaaaa.... Radhu chitha ku kalyanama? Nammal thatha paati paarka poroma aiyaaa. Enakku pattu pavadai, golusu ellam vaangi tharela Baba?" Sivu said, " adhellam unakku enathukku di? Kalyanam unakka Radhu ka?" Aishu frowned at Sivu and said, "Ennoda Baba enakku vaangi tharuva. Po amma."

Sivu pretended to slap her while the daughter quickly climbed up to her father's lap hugging him, giggling.

Brinda Subramanian

Sorry guys I had not edited it properly and had made a mistake. I have fixed it now