Part 50

With a satisfied tummy, Aishu papa let go of her mommy. Sivu immediately smiled at Achchu and gestured him to pick her up, while she focused on covering her breast of which she suddenly became conscious. Achchu picked up the baby and she smiled at him. He held on to her and closed his eyes. Since he had last seen her, the only thing he had wanted was to hold his baby girl. He patted her back to let her burp. She spit up a little on his shirt and Sivu quickly grabbed a towel and cleaned it up. The baby looked straight at his face and smiled and his happiness knew no bounds. Sivu was about to leave when he pulled her close to him and hugged her as well saying, "Unga rendu perayum naan eppidi miss paninen theriyuma? Idhukku mela u ga rendu perayum pirinju oru nimisham kooda irukka mudiyadhu ennala" he gulped. Sivu realized that he was emotional and she gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. He kissed her forehead and said, "Unga rendu perukkum enna kondu vandirukken paaru" and he placed baby Aishu on her mat where she started gurgling, cooing and playing with her toes.

He opened his bag and took out a brown envelope. He turned towards Sivu and said "idhu unakku Mrs. Sivakaami Anandasivan..... M.Sc. Nee first class la pass paneerke" and he handed her the marksheet while she squealed and grabbed it. "Nejama va sollarel. Ayyo Nejama ve naan post graduate aa?" She grabbed it started looking through it. He grabbed some clothes and toys for the baby saying, "Idhellam indha Appa oda kutty devadhaikku." Sivu rolled her eyes and said, "Edhukku 10 frock vaangeerkel. Ithana bommai vera. Avalukku theriyava pordhu." He ignored her and showed the rattler to the baby and she tried to grab it from him. Then she rolled over to bite on it. He just lay there watching his baby girl. A few minutes later he picked her up and they decided to go down.

Sivu excitedly showed her mark sheet saying, "Naan post graduate aayachu naan post graduate aayachu. Nammathula first..." Perippa interrupted her saying, "Enna Paducha enna? Ippo ungathukku poi kozhandhaiya thaane paathukka porai? Andha M.Sc. ange thoonga thaane podhu. Po po aaga vendiya kaaryatha paaru." Sivu kept her mark sheet aside and looked at Achchu. He eyes were getting red and nose flared up but one glance at his giggling daughter and he decided to let this pass.

Then it happened. He felt something warm on his shirt. His baby girl had happily peed on him. Sivu came running saying, "Achacho Appa mela chucha poitiya di? Ayyo Neenga shirt a azhingo" and she was trying to get the baby from him but he stopped her saying, "Maa naan avaloda appa. Ithana naal idhukku thaan yenginen theriyuma. Enakku ippo thaan sandoshama irukku. Naan paathukaren. Nee avaloda dress kondu thaa naan maatharen." Sivu smiled and gave him what he needed. She stood beside admiring him change the baby's clothes. He was so natural and she was falling more in love with this man everyday.

The day went by and it was time to go to bed. Sivu nursed the baby to sleep while humming a lullaby. Achchu was lying, watching them. Once, Sivu realized the baby was asleep, she placed her in the cradle beside. As soon as she lay down, Achchu pulled her close to him. She turned towards him and wrapped her arms around him. He kissed her forehead and breathed heavily. The he wrapped both arms around her pulling her closer. She reached out for his lips and he took it. She was hungry for his kisses and he saw her yearning in her eyes. She said, "ungalukkaaga denamum yenginen theriyuma? Innime ungala vittutu engeyum poga maaten." His hands reached for her bare waist saying, "Adhutha kozhandhai nee Calcutta liye pethukko. Innime naan Unna oorukku vidamaaten." She pulled away saying, "Ennadhu, adutha kozhandhaiya? Ennala mudiyadhu pa." He nuzzled her neck saying, "Adheppadi naan thaan 10 kozhandaikku plan potirukene" and his hands moved to places that made her gasp. She giggled saying, "Aanalum Sir ku aasaiya paaru." They woke up in each other's arms to the calling from their baby girl.

Brinda Subramanian