Radhu's healing begins

The next few days in Ooty was blissful. Manikandan made sure Radhu enjoyed every bit of it. She loved nature. The mountains, the grass, the flowers, lakes, waterfalls everything cheered her up. She jumped in glee and he smiled watching her. He was very careful not to cross his lines in anyway even to make her slightly uncomfortable. He held her when she came up to him. She seemed to relax a lot more when he hugged her. So he just stuck to hugging and kissing her.

Time flew by and it was there last night there. She snuggled to him and placed her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. She said, "Ingeye thoonganum nu thonardhu, ungaloda idhaya thudippu kettunde. Thaalaatu maadiri irukku." He gently patted her cheek and said, "Adhukku enna? Ippidiye thoongu." While he gently patted her she slowly drifted off to sleep. When he realized that she had slept, he laid her head on the pillow. Then he made sure her covered her with the blanket.

The next morning, Radhu was ready first and was standing at the balcony enjoying the view. Manikandan showered and dressed. Then he finished the final packing. He sighed and slowly walked towards her. He held his arms out and she quickly snuggled for a hug. He said, "Radhu innime thaan namba face panna vendiya oru periya challenge irukku maa." She looked up at him confused. He smiled and kissed her forehead. Then he said, "Ippo namma honeymoon poitu vandhaachunu. Adutha maasame un kitta ellarum good news irukka nu kekka arambichuduva. Adhunaala...." She stopped him mid sentence asking, "Ayayo enakku nadandhadhu mama mami kitta solla porela?" He touched the top of her head and said, "Illai maa. Naan yaarukittayum solla maaten. Nee unnoda bharatha enkitta erakiyachu. Innime adhu vera yaarukittayum pogadhu. Kavala padadhe. Aana naan enna solla poren na nee specialty mudikkara varaikkum Nammal kozhandhai pethukardha thalli potirukkom nu sollaren. Adhuvum naan thaan indha decision eduthen nu sollaren. Appo thaan un mela anavasiyama pazhi poda maata seriya?" She nodded and then said, "Aana adhukku aparamum namakulla seri aagalaina?" She seemed worried but Manikandan smiled and cupped her face, "Appidi seri aagalaina enakku udambula prachanainu solikkaren maa. Un mela endha pazhiyum varaama paathukardhu ennoda poruppu seriya? Nee edhukkum kavala padaadhe. Naan ellam paathukkaren." She was overwhelmed by his love for her. She teared up and said, "Enna manichudungo. Ennala thaane ungalukku ithara kashtangal?" He quickly hugged her and said, "Appidi solladhe maa. Enakku edhavudhu na nee enkooda ve iruppe illiya? Adhe madiri thaan. Naan ennikki un kazhuthula thaali katineno annikke nammal onnayittom seriya?" She nodded hugging him tighter. Then she quickly tiptoed to give him a quick peck on his cheek and he smiled.

They stood there for a few more minutes enjoying the sunset. Then he sighed and said, "Seri kelambalaama?" She nodded and the walked out of the room after giving it a final glance. Once they sat on the train and it started moving back home, both were lost in their thoughts. They had embarked on a new journey. Will Manikandan's love for Radhu heal her and will she be able to lead a normal, happy relationship with him?

Manikandan's love for Radhu was unconditional. Love always triumphs.

Brinda Subramanian

Brinda Subramanian