ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Thirty

George POV:

"So, how did you meet him?"

I had been forced into speaking of his long distance love. The thought suddenly jumped out of my mouth. I excluded most of the details like him being American, although it wouldn't matter to the German visitor.

"Well it was in a flower field. I had stumbled across him and poked some fun about how vulnerable he was for being present in a war!

 We spent a couple hours together, hours transforming to days, days into months, and then-"

I pause.

"And then what?"

I feel helpless. No other words are able to leap out my mouth. My tongue isn't able to move loosely and speak any words into existence. I feel helpless.

A flood of emotions are unlocked. How my heart was suffocated with twine, then released from it's tight grip. How his lips felt on mine. How the world blurred around us every time we kissed or played a finger on the other. How my heart exploded every time he whispered such beautiful things in my ear. 

And how I left. How I never tried to fight it. How I left my lover alone to deal with the wrath of my country's war. Britain will always have the history of red coats, even when it is in my possession. I was present. I was present and I did nothing.