ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Fifty Six

Dream POV:

There are unspoken rules to everything, same with duels.

Number One: The motive is demand satisfaction. If one apologies then there is no need for further action.

Number Two: If they do not back down, grab a friend. That is the second person in line, best friend ready to be reckoned.

Number Three: Have your seconds meet face to face. Negotiate a peace, or a time, and a place. Keep in mind, most disputes die and no one shoots.

Number Four: Reach out for weapons, and recruit a doctor on sight.

We did not bother to follow any of the rules before this one.

Number Five: Duel before the sun is in the sky. Pick a nice place to die, a nice place to say goodbye.

Number Six: Leave a note for the next of you kind. Give them a reminder that you were once alive.

Number Seven: Confess your sins and prepare for the moment of adrenaline.

Number Eight: The last chance to negotiate. Send in the seconds and see if they can get shit straight.

"Dream."

"Schlatt, sir."

"Can we agree that duels are dumb and immature?"

"I agree, but never with you."

"I am going to brush off that comment. As I was saying, this is immature-"

"Yet my man has to pay for his words with his life?"

"We both know this is absurd-"

"Hang on, how many lives did we loose because of Eret's lack of experience?"

...

"Okay, so we are doing this."