Chapter 11: Intrusive thought

". . .And that was when I realized I didn't add the butter to the pan,  I had to run downstairs again, but I left the bathroom water running. . ." Chaewon paused, turning to Jeongin.

He rested his head on his crossed arms, lightly breathing. Chaewon moved closer, she took up a finger, looking around if anyone was watching, "Are you listening?" She poked his cheek repeatedly.

Normally he answered by moaning but this time she didn't get any sound whatsoever.

Its just been twenty minutes into the class and the black haired boy had fallen asleep, leaving Chaewon talking to herself.

"Are you sleeping?" The smaller female poked his cheeks again, this time smiling.

He wasn't awake to swat her hand away. "I could do a super cliche thing and draw a moustache on his face," Chaewon grinned, digging for her highlighter. She took out the pink pen, taking off the cap.

She got closer to his face but hesitated, "This isn't right," Chaewon stopped, keeping back the highlighter. "I'll wrap a paper and make it look like he's smoking."

Chaewon took out her notepad, ripping off a piece of paper carefully. She scanned the class again as she wrapped paper.

Seungmin being the attentive student, didn't bother looking back at them.

"Done," Chaewon did a little dance, biting her lower lip. She got closer to Jeongin, lightly putting the paper in between his lips.

The wrapped up paper fell off, "Damn, why won't it stay still?" Chaewon muttered, she slowly reached for his lips, pulling them apart.

She inserted the paper in, doing more of her victory dance.

"If only I can take a picture," Chaewon laughed silently, not wanting to draw the attention of other, especially Seungmin.

The laugh soon changed into a grin and then a smile, followed by rosy cheeks.

Chaewon started blushing the more she looked at the sleeping Jeongin. He looked so peaceful at that moment,  his black hair falling carelessly on his sweaty forehead, his pouty lips slowly moving and the way the sunlight laid on that gorgeous face of his.

"Don't let the intrusive thought win."

Chaewon yelped at the sound of Seungmin's voice. She yelled, moving away Jeongin face.

"I..I wasn't thinking of a..anything," She croaked, folding into herself, avoiding eye contact with the puppy like boy in front.

"Is everything alright there?" The teacher asked, looking at the back where they sat.

Seungmin nodded, smiling. Of course the teacher would believe, he's a good student who if possible never gets into trouble.

"Please don't tell Jeongin."

"Don't tell me what?" Jeongin stretched, rubbing his eyes, the paper stuck to his lips.

Seungmin chuckled at the sight. His sleepy face and the smoking prop.

Chaewon froze, looking directly at Jeongin's eyes. His confused yet stern gaze darted on her, "Well. . ."