~ 8 ~

"His kids are going to hate and then you're going to want to kill yourself because you expected them to be as nice as him," Cristina said.

Meredith had called Cristina last minute as she was about to leave. it was a month after Derek told the kids about him dating and today she was going to meet them.

"Shut up. Do I wear makeup? I mean they're just children but I already know Madeleine is going to hate me so do I?" she asked.

she was just about to leave the house but then she decided not to go quite yet and texted Derek that should would be a little late.

"You're not wearing makeup? Derek's still there you want him to see your pores?" she asked shocked.

"Shut up, I don't have sex with him while wearing makeup. he's seen my completely bare," she rolled her eyes pacing back and forth in her bedroom.

"So i do wear makeup, how much how little?"

"Your usual every day makeup. You don't want them to think you're a stripper," she said.

"All right, I already told Derek that I would be a little late so I'll do that quickly, goodbye," she sat down at her vanity and started picking out a few things from her makeup organizer.

"Bye, call me when you get back,"

"I will," she turned off the phone and quickly got ready.

once she had finished with her makeup she quickly sprayed her face with setting mist before putting everything back in it's designated place.

she stood up from her seat and left her bedroom and grabbed her coat and purse and left the house.

she got into her car and placed her key into the key hole. she pulled out her phone and quickly texted Derek that she was on her way and texted the same to Cristina.

she took a deep breath before turning her car on and started pulling out of the driveway.

She didn't know why she was so nervous, she just was just going to meet a few kids. but they were her boyfriends kids which made it much more nerve-racking.

she already knew Michael and Violet were fine with their father dating her, well Michael was fine with it Derek had mentioned that Violet actually seemed.. happy to hear her Dad had a girlfriend.

but she was scared that she wouldn't meet up to Violet's expectations and she would change her mind about her.

Or she would somehow make Madeleine hate her even more. she understood why Madeleine already hated her without knowing her.

she couldn't imagine what could be going through her head. Madeleine remembered her mother best out of the three and she still couldn't comprehend why her mother would suddenly stop caring about her and would leave in the middle of the night without telling anyone beforehand.

Derek did his best to try and explain it without hurting her feelings too much but she still didn't understand, or she didn't want to understand.

Meredith also knew that if all three kids hated Meredith that the relationship would most likely end there because their feelings of her mattered just as much as Derek's feelings towards her did.

Derek had invited her over for dinner. she would have enough time to meet the children before Derek would cook dinner and then they would eat.

Meredith and Derek had gone on multiple dates in the ten months they had been dating so she wasn't scared to eat in front of Derek, she was just nervous about the kids.. enough thought she already knew how they felt about her.

***

This wasn't the first time she had ever been to Derek's house. she had been here a few times before the kids knew about her.

she stayed the night once when all three kids were at their grandmothers for a sleepover in New York and had been there with Derek a few times before and after that as well, when they kids weren't there of course.

when his mother asked why he called out of the blue for the children to stay the night at her place, of course she was excited to have them but he usually wasn't the biggest fan of the kids being in another city then he was.

she was of course surprised and happy to find out he was seeing someone. she just hoped that the relationship would last long enough for her to meet her at Thanksgiving.

But now she was outside his house again. all the house lights were on and there were a few bikes laying out on the lawn.

she ignored her nerves and turned off her car. she checked the time once on her phone before she grabbed her things and stepped out of the car.

She wasn't going to be stuck up and just walk through the door like she owned the place so she gently knocked on the door.

she heard little feet run towards the front door before the knob turned to open.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*