~ 52 ~

It had been three weeks since Meredith and Derek had taken maternity and paternity leave.

It was weird for both of them to not to work every day but Derek had taken paternity leave off before with each of the children since Addison had refused to take time off from her only escape.

The three older kids were at school at Meredith was home alone with Lillian while Derek went grocery shopping.

Meredith had slept most of the day since Lillian had been up all night crying and they had barely gotten any sleep.

She had managed to wake up before Derek had gotten home and while Lillian was still asleep.

She had finally recovered from her surgery and she was now able to move around the house without help.

While Lillian continued to sleep she decided to do some laundry.

She grabbed the dirty laundry from the kid's room and their bedroom. She tossed everything into the wash and turned it on.

While the laundry was going she swept and mopped the living room and kitchen floors.

While the floors were drying she vacuumed Madeleine, Michael and Violet's room, and cleaned up their toes.

She removed their bedsheets and pillowcases and replaced them with new clean ones.

She cleaned the upstairs bathroom that the children mostly used. By the time she had finished the floors downstairs were dry.

She cleaned up their bedroom and changed the sheets in there as well. She went into Lillian's nursery which they have not used yet but they would be transferring her soon.

She made the crib and set up everything she needed as tonight would be the first night she spent the night in her own room,

After the house was cleaned she heard Lillian start to wake up. She went into the bedroom and lifted her out of her bassinet.

She lay her down on the bed and changed her before feeding her. Once Lillian was calmed down she took her into the living room and held her for a while.

Thirty minutes later she heard Derek's car pull into the driveway. He came into the house and brought everything inside before going into the living room.

"When did you two wake up?" He asked sitting down next to Meredith.

"Maybe an hour or two ago, I cleaned the house and her nursery is ready for her to sleep in her nursery tonight," she said.

"Do You want her to sleep in the nursery tonight?" He asked. "She's four weeks old, I don't want her to get too used to our room," she said.

"You're not going to miss her being next to you all the time?" He asked. "Of course, I like having her right next to me but she's close to us and we'll have a baby monitor in her room," she said.

"Okay," he said. "Don't you have to pick up the kids from school soon?" She asked.

"Yes, but school is not over for another two hours. I'm going to go unpack everything, why don't you go take a shower and I'll watch Lillie?" He said.

She nodded and handed Lillian over to Derek before leaving the bedroom and going into the bathroom.

Derek placed Lillian into the bassinet and took her into the kitchen while he unpacked all the groceries and put them away.

Once he had finished he started to make an early dinner for Meredith and the kids after he picked them up.

Meredith had finished her shower in twenty minutes. She dressed in more comfortable clothes but still looked put together. She wore a black turtle neck sweater and dark-washed jeans with her hair tied back out of her face.

She went into the kitchen where she found Derek cooking. "Did you forget that school ends an hour early on Thursday?" She asked.

"Shit, you're right," he sighed. "I can go pick them up since you're busy?" She said.

"Are you sure you want to drive-" he said. "It's been four weeks since we came home, I can clean the house, I can shower on my own, I'm sure I can drive for twenty minutes, and she won't be in the car with me if anything happens on the way there," she said.

"Alright, but take my car, the keys are in my coat pocket," he said. She put on a pair of boots and grabbed his keys before Leaving to pick up the kids.
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•