~ 51 ~

When Derek got home with the kids Meredith was already asleep and the baby was as well.

Be brought the dinner in the kitchen and set the table. He went to wake her up but when he walked in she was gone and so was the bassinet.

He heard the shower going. He went into the bathroom and saw the baby sleeping quietly while Meredith showered.

"Meredith, you're not supposed to shower without help," he spoke.

"Don't wake up the baby," she said. "Meredith," he said. "I'm almost finished," she said.

"Finish up and come eat dinner," he said. He took the baby out of the bassinet as she started to stir awake.

He laid her on his chest and rocked her as he waited for Meredith to finish her shower.

When he turned the shower off he handed her a towel and helped her step out of the shower.

She sat down on the bed and got dressed. "I need to change her," Meredith said. "No, I'll do it. Be careful when you go into the kitchen, sit down and don't do anything else," he said.

She rolled her eyes and left the bedroom. He finished up changing the baby and took her into the living room.

He placed her in the bassinet in the living room bassinet and rolled her into the kitchen so she was between him and Meredith.

"That's the new baby?!" Violet exclaimed as she ran into the kitchen.

"Yes, yes, but you have to be careful, she's still very small," he said.

"It's a baby sister?!" She said. "Yes, it's a baby sister," he chuckled.

"What's her name?" Madeleine asked as she sat down at the table.

"Lillian," Meredith said. "She's blonde?" Madeleine asked surprised. "Yes, it looks like Meredith's genetics will make a difference in the family," he said.

The rest of dinner the girls and Derek talked but Meredith mostly stayed silent.

She was still tired from everything and her body didn't feel the same and was exhausted.

"You should try to eat a little more, you refused to eat at the hospital," he whispered in her ear.

"I'm not very hungry," she whispered. "I know but you shouldn't starve yourself, you need to eat to be able to recover as best as possible," he said.

She nodded and did her best to eat as much as possible. Her stomach felt empty but she didn't have much of an appetite.

She did her best to finish her plate. "I assume you won't let me clean up?" She asked as she stood up.

"No, I don't want you tearing your stitches," he said.

"Fine, I'll be in the living room if you need anything," she said. She took Lillian into the living room with her and sat down on the couch.

She sat carefully against the cushioned couch and laid Lillian on her chest, gently rubbing her back to keep her calm.

She grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

After around twenty minutes the kids had finished dinner and Derek had cleaned everything up.

He sat down on the couch where he found Meredith and sat down next to her.

"You look tired, are you sure you don't want to go get some sleep, I can watch her for a couple of hours," he said.

"If you want to hold her you can just say so," she said. "Can I hold her?" He asked. She leaned forward and placed Lillian in her arms before handing her to Derek.