~ 46 ~

It was two months later which meant she was five months far along.

She was starting to show more and more. They were going to wait a while more to find out the gender.

Meredith was still working full time which Derek didn't like too much, she got tired easily and he couldn't be there to make sure she was okay.

He wished he worked in the same hospital as she did. He thought about asking to get transferred but he wasn't sure if it made him sound like a clingy fiancée who couldn't stay away from her.

But he knew she liked to overwork herself when she shouldn't be and no one was there to look out for her.

She had friends she worked with but they wouldn't tell her she needed to stop working because they were the ones pushing each other to work harder.

Richard ran the hospital but he couldn't keep an eye on her at all times as he would like.

He didn't really have any interest in the hospital he worked at. He didn't have any friends there was no one he really spoke with unless it was about work.

Mark had transferred to Meredith's hospital not long ago when he got an offer for head of plastic.

When he did want to talk to someone he had to wait for one of Meredith's breaks which wasn't very often.

He got off of work early since the day was very slow. That was another reason he was thinking about transferring.

There were so many slow days and he felt like he was wasting his potential in a hospital that never had any good surgeries.

And Meredith was always going on about some surgery at work. He took the job offer because Addison worked there and she didn't trust him elsewhere.

Meredith still had another three hours on her shift before she got off since she had been working since last night.

He didn't get off on her working overnight but he couldn't do anything about it since she was already working when she called him to let him know.

The kids were still in school when he got home. It felt so different and quiet without the kids and Meredith.

And soon they would have another little one. He never thought he would have more kids when Addison left him.

He hardly even thought he would be getting married three years later.

There was nothing he really could do at home alone. He couldn't imagine what it would be like if he didn't have the kids or Meredith.

He had been a father for twelve years but he's been a fiancée for a couple of months and with Meredith for three years.

Before he couldn't imagine what it'd be like without her. His entire life changed completely when he met her.

He started seeing things more clearly and everything seemed to look up for him, things started to make more sense. Everything made more sense.

When we got home he showered and got dressed in more comfortable clothes before getting in bed.

He hoped to fall asleep and when he woke up Meredith would be home.

Meredith was finishing up her shift when she started to feel a flutter. She didn't know what it was but it didn't feel right.

She got changed and left work when her shift and went home. When she got home she went into the bedroom and found Derek asleep.

She checked the time and saw the kids had to be picked up in a couple of hours, their new private school had longer hours.

She sat in bed next to him and rubbed his arm until he woke up. "You're home," he said as he turned on his back.