~ 59 ~

It had been a few months since Meredith found out she was pregnant.

They had also made sure to tell the rest of the family before the baby was born.

They had already told the kids and they were annoyed but they were fine with it and Lillian didn't seem to understand the whole concept of pregnancy.

The family was happy to hear about the second pregnancy but that also meant they called a lot, and asked a lot of questions.

Meredith didn't want to answer any of their questions and Derek didn't have the answers.

"Do you know what time it is?" She asked as she woke up to the phone ringing for the third time.

"It's not my fault they keep calling," he said as it was already three in the morning.

"Just turn off your phone for the night, if you don't I'll break it and then they won't call for a while," she said.

"Damn it," he said as the phone started ringing again.

"Turn. It. Off!" She said kicking him in the leg.

"Okay, okay, violence isn't the answer," he said turning his phone off and putting it down on his nightstand.

"Go to sleep so I can sleep, what's the big deal in me being pregnant, it's not the first time,"

"Maybe not, but the first time they didn't hear about it so technically it is the first time," he said laying back in bed.

"You were the one who was too busy," she said.

"It doesn't matter, it's been three years. But it's all new," he said.

"Not really, your mom had five, Nancy had four, Kate had two, Lizzie had three, and you had three before me so it's not that new," she said.

"They live far away so really we don't have anything to worry about," he said.

"Yeah, until they decide it's a great idea to come to Seattle," she said.

"They were here not long ago, they shouldn't be coming here anytime soon, but they might be here when the baby's born," he said.

"We're not telling them for three weeks after the baby's born," she said.

"Fine, do you know what your birth plan is? Unless you plan to have another placental abruption again," he said.

"I don't know, the whole vaginal thing kind of scares me, but I don't know, I'll know when it happens," she said.

"Alright," he said.

**************

"I still can't believe you're having another baby, I mean another baby... your boobs are going to be destroyed. I'm surprised Derek wanted to make a second one with you after what Lillian did to them," Cristina said as they were both in surgery together.

"Seriously? My boobs are fine," she said. "Are you sure? Because I've seen them and I don't think they're supposed to look like that," she said.

"They're fine, if you massage them they go back to normal," she said.

"Who the hell told you that?" She said. "You did, dumbass," she scoffed.

"You massage your boobs every day? That sounds excessive," she said.

"No, I don't. Derek does, how do you think I got pregnant again," she smirked under her mask.