The slap

I had my plate of food looking for where to eat. My maid must have been cleaning my room so I couldn't go.

Moreover, I had many things in mind so I  did not want to waste time dealing with people with whom I have no affiliation. In short, in the figurative sense of the term.

I walked down the long corridor based on Mylène's memories of this place, the house was quite well decorated, with beautiful paintings, and tapestries. It felt like being in a fairy tale castle.

Many servants looked at me like I was crazy but I didn't care...no one in this house was ever good to Mylène so I didn't need to give them a second look or even be courteous with them.

No one spoke to me and that was fine.

I finally arrived in front of a clearing and saw at the top of a small hill, a large tree. I chose this place to lunch and settle down there.

The wind blew through the branches of the tree bringing me a certain peace as I smiled at the scenery beneath my feet.

Dozens of trees of all kinds and this beautiful field of flowers that I could see further away were breathtaking.

I got my meal tray on the floor and decided to take advantage of the cool breeze. I spread my arms and my clothes and followed the direction of the wind. I didn't know how I was going to live now but one thing was sure,  I had to do everything so that the same past experiences that are mine as for Mylène should not happen again. Otherwise, it would have been useless for me to reincarnate, and take the body of Mylène.

I decided to eat first because my stomach was already rumbling and it was with great enthusiasm that I started my meal.

Shapes and mannerisms didn't interest me as I ate whatever was on the plate with my hands.  In less than ten minutes it was already over, I remembered Mylène's life and praised myself on my good appetite.

Even before being sold by her family, she didn't eat because every time she tried to help herself to be satiated, her stepmother would humiliate her and this was supported by her brothers.  So, she didn't eat as her stomach demanded and lost weight gradually as people in her family did not care about her poor state of health which was deteriorating.

I sat down and closed my eyes. I arrived two years before Mylène was sold to the count, so the time to be sold was fast approaching.

I had to find a way to avoid this fatal fate or just leave this house to finally live free... I thought about what Mylène had told me and wondered what the power of light was…. On this subject, I should find out. It seemed to me that Hosten's residence had a large library.

I will go there to find what I need to know about how to use " power"... Then knowingly, I will find a safe way to live for the rest of my life freely.

I smirked that if this power is so important and prized so that the place of a successor is in balance, why wouldn't I have fun pissing off Mylène's family who made her suffer so much?  I could enjoy seeing their defeated and ridiculous faces in front of my new strength...I licked my lips and my gaze became fixed on the plot...I had to know what this power was.

«You look different this morning…»

I jumped at the sound of that sudden voice and turned to see Karl looking at me angrily. He didn't come alone because Edward was also there...it seems like they didn't appreciate my behavior and came to ask me for an account.

Recovering from my surprise, I looked away from them annoyed before lying on my side completely ignoring them under the increasingly angry gaze of my two brothers.