Acknowledgement

A long silence ensued and soon, Claude opened his mouth.

“I…” what could he say, the creature in front, under his innocent angel-faced appearance, could crush him in a second.
I understood that I had to reassure my father and I tried to lighten the mood.

“Come on Dad, don’t look at your first son-in-law like that…”

"Pardon???"  Said Claude, stunned.

“Dad, I present to you my first companion... Seiryu but call him Azef”

" Pardon???"

“It’s quite clear, Claude Von Hosten, I am Mylène’s first companion.”

“Sorry...I...it’s”

“Dad, I’ll talk to you about this later, where is my mother?”

Claude sighed, scratching his head embarrassed...

“Well...we had a bit of an argument and she went off to sulk.”

“Why did you argue?”

" Well …"

“Your father disapproves of you for wanting to kill these people who despise you.”

The voice came from the ceiling and we all looked up watching a shadow dance like a silk fabric.

" It's my mother ?"

" My baby…"

Christal came down and stood in front of Mylène who observed her carefully.

We were identical, apart from the color of our eyes nothing else really differentiated us.  But Claude knew that if Christal changed the color of her eyes then yes they would be twins.
I remained silent for a long time, having my exact replica in front of me without it being my reflection in the mirror, it was destabilizing...
I stayed like that for a long time before coming back to reality...
“Please age a little, we look like we’re the same age…”

"What's the heck…"

Christal calmed down then smiled before caressing Mylène's cheek.

“Welcome home my baby”

I blushed slightly, letting myself succumb to this maternal tenderness that I never knew… it was nice but I had to pull myself together.

“Thanks mom but still getting old.”

Christal smiles before giving herself a slightly older appearance.

" Satisfied ?"

" Yes…"

Christal looked at Seiryu and smiled guiltily.

“Majesty...”

“You are alive because of your daughter”

“What, because you’re fucking my daughter?”

“Damn mom…” I complained.

Christal fell silent in front of Seiryu's gaze and a few minutes after Claude had silenced Christal for good, he looked at me wanting to know what I had in mind.

“I’m going to get rid of the rats that inhabit this house.”

“I understand, but how could Karl’s illness help you?”

“Daddy just let me do it you see...I planned everything and I think that now...”

I entered the middle of my room before walking towards the dresser and picking up the large book that was sitting there.