Mylène's past: the marriage proposal.

“Calm down Christal, you can’t do that”
Christal turned around at Claude's strange words, both taken aback and irritated, leering at him with restrained anger.
“What did you just say?”
“You heard me right. I asked you to leave Sofiane alone”
At that moment, Christal thought of only one thing: she wanted to kill her husband.
“Have you…did you finally fall in love with this thing?”
Claude stood up, faced with the sentence he would describe as stupid from his wife.  He only did as she commanded him before manipulating time to their will.  To this effect, he feels his demonic energy diminishing, the return in time spell he performed when he felt the alignment in the spirit world pushed him to perform this alchemy spell.  He wasn't sure if it was their daughter who had come back but he had to try, he would do it again and again until he confirmed that the spirit in his daughter's body had been destroyed.
But that's not the question, he's worried.  The memories of this inferior being begin to flood his daughter's mind and his daughter will certainly blame him because he has a lot to do with the mistreatment of this insignificant being.  He sighed before looking up at Christal who seemed to want to rip his head off.
"I have never loved any other woman except you, and you know it. And if I have to love one, is it a woman as insipid as Sofiane that I would choose? Stop giving me a headache and sit down, I have to talk to you"
Christal gave Claude a dark look but obeyed nonetheless, sitting down on the sofa in front of his desk, while glaring at him.
“Speak, like I told you, I have to take care of your wife.”
Claude rolled his eyes.
"Your jealousy is stupid and you know it. In short, you're an adult, I'm not going to tell you how to feel"
Christal clenched her jaw but Claude didn't allow her to respond so he started talking again.
“I understand you, too would like to leave this office and go wring her neck but Mylène will not be happy”
" What do you mean ?"
“She decided to get rid of these people herself, and unfortunately, my sons are included in the group”
“If they were naughty to my daughter, they deserve it”
“Listen, it’s not simple, they are my sons and even if I never wanted to have them, they have my blood”
“Do you even know that Eléonore was a whore?”
"You say it out of resentment, even if I didn't love her, Eléonore was the purest and most innocent woman I met. Her only sin was loving me, she could have had a peaceful life if she  didn't choose me"
Christal gritted her teeth, she didn't like the direction this conversation was taking.
“Oh, but of course, we just have to build a monument to the glory of Saint Eleanor”
“Stop, tell me… were you the one who killed her?”
Christal looked away.
“If so, what will you do?”
Claude didn't answer but Christal spoke.
“Yes, I killed her.”
“But was it necessary?”
“Stop pissing me off about the woman you cheated on me with.”
“It’s irrelevant what you’re saying. We hadn’t even met yet.”
“I seem to have told you, you were my fiancé from your mother’s womb….”
She pouted
"I placed a curse on you. Knowing that there was a chance that you would reach adulthood before I met you, this curse was intended to kill any woman with whom you would mate. If you fell in love or slept with her, the unfortunate woman would die once you became my husband. When Eléonore was repudiated, the curse was set in motion and she died."
Claude went to sit on his desk, crossing his fingers in front of his face.
“You could have prevented this, I mean, come sooner.”
“Do you think the one from whom I get my powers would have allowed it, you met him, and I had no choice but to keep a low profile after choosing you as my fiancé”
Claude sighed.
“It doesn’t matter, what I mean is that Mylène is blinded by her revenge and my sons can suffer from it”
“Claude”
The latter looked up at his wife's cold voice.
“If my daughter finds herself face to face with your sons and you have to choose, which side will you take?”
“Mylène of course, but I can’t ignore these boys and…”
“Claude…” she sighed before looking away.
" What?"
"The truth... is truly cruel. I'll let Mylène discover it and only then will you know it. But know that Mylène is the most precious thing you have, always be on her side, no matter what atrocities she wants to commit  ...and don't worry, she's not stupid, what you did with that thing that inhabited her body, you did for her."
Claude didn't understand his wife's sentence before looking down, he hoped so.