issue?

Claude was now looking at everyone in Karl's room with anger.  Yes, if he were to be honest, he would admit that Mylène is no stranger to Karl's state of health...
But that's if he had to be, but he doesn't have to be, especially not in front of all these people who are so angry with his daughter.

The atmosphere had become tense, no one daring to raise their face to face the duke's cold and critical gaze.

Faced with silence, Claude walked into the room and went to look at Karl who, after seeing his father, made a happy face.  Despite the spasms coursing through his body sending beams of pain through him, he was truly grateful that his father had come to his bedside.

Claude nodded at him then turned to the doctor waiting for his report.

“Your grace, your son was poisoned by a substance I know nothing about and now he is in critical condition.  I myself do not know what treatment to administer to him as I do not know the poison that is in him.”

“Nothing could be simpler, it’s up to you to seek it out as a doctor.”

The doctor swallowed before lowering his face.

“I understand your point of view, your grace, but the fact is that when it comes time to do it, I don’t know if Mr. Karl will hold out;  the best would be to bring a mage.”

"A mage?"

“Yes...I know there are only a handful of them and soliciting them requires a lot of influence...but you are an authority in the kingdom...that could…”

“I fear that this will be the prerogative of Duke of Venstein who is also the son of the sister of the great mage of the kingdom.  You see, mage and knights don’t mix well and it turns out that the man doesn’t like me very much…”

Claude spoke calmly.  Although, if he wants to be honest, he does think that with their current relationship, the Duke would have a hard time because his uncle doesn't appreciate his closeness with him rather than the man.  He remained calm while listening to what this man was saying, it's true that it wouldn't be obvious unless Mylène told him what she gave to Karl otherwise he would die.

Damn he underestimated his own daughter, she is the most formidable.

“I see... thank you, I will find a way... Where is Mylène?”

Claude turned to the butler who jumped when he realized that it was him to whom the duke was speaking.

“Oh...well...Mylene...”

“Is she a friend of yours?”

The butler swallowed before bowing and apologizing.

“I asked you a question, I didn’t ask you to apologize to me.”

“Yes...I...lady...lady Mylene went with her pet boy I don't know where since the morning and I haven't heard from them until now.”

"I see…"

Claude rolled his eyes, it was hard to get that out... He was about to leave the room when a servant arrived with a letter in hand.

“Your grace, the royal guards delivered this letter from the second prince to Lady Mylène.”

The doctor got up as if stung and ran in front of the duke.

“Your grace, you have a unique chance to save your son, the prince can easily move a mage to consult him and perhaps even heal him...”

Claude just took the letter and put it in his pocket as he left the room.

Left alone, the other members of the family began to look at each other, the doctor was right.  Karl had to be examined by a mage and only the prince had enough power to summon one without waiting.
But they don't think he would do it just because they asked him, the only person who can ask him that and he accepts is Mylène but they are also sure that she will refuse.

“Damn having to depend on this filth...”

“Big brother, we have no choice otherwise big brother Karl will die.”

“But if she is the one who caused this, she will never accept...”

“It will be a good way to prove it in this case and father will have no choice but to believe us.”

Everyone was now calm waiting for Mylène to return to have a solution to Karl's sudden illness.