The Forest of Nightmares.

I frowned, he didn't answer me at all.  He just reassured me and that was it.
Azef gave me a serious look and knowing that once again I was going to remain without a response, I decided to give up and calmly get off my horse going to tie it up at the corner.  I gulped at the look of the forest around me and made a mental note not to stay too far from Azef.

I was never the brave type when there was a weird noise in my apartment after the power went out.  I took refuge under my sheets, trembling whenever I heard a noise on the cold and old floor of my apartment.  It creaked so much that you could often believe that someone was moving around there in the darkness, which at those moments made my heart tremble, panicking it more than it should.

Still happy that it didn't last, at least the power cuts.  I always ended up falling asleep with all the bulbs on reciting a mantra to make sure there was nothing wrong and it was just my imagination.

But here, I'm not in an imagination that tells me that the place where I am is actually called the forest of nightmares.  I turned after tightening the rope that held the horse around the tree and looked up to see that the sky was almost stormy, no, it was as if above me, another sky more  dark and gloomy loomed.

the forest was large and full of very tall and tall trees that could not be seen through the sunlight, if indeed the sun would be willing to let its rays infiltrate this morbid forest.  It was completely black and gloomy, the hooting of the birds and other flying creatures, the sound of the other animals that lined the bottom of the bushes had the chilling effect that goes down your spine when you watch a horror film.  The sound of footsteps on the broken branches gave the impression that we would be followed.  In this strange darkness, I couldn't see anything, suddenly luminous eyes appeared deep in the forest making me step back instantly.

“Come Mylène, we are going to move forward a little because this place is not passable enough for training.”

I swallowed before following Azef.

“Say Azef...this forest of nightmares...why has it become such a myth, apart from the different creatures that occupy it?”

"Well…"

Azef turned and took my hand under my questioning gaze.

“It’s a little scary.”  I added,

“Ah yes, I understand...” He reassured me

I gave a yellow smile, I'm scared shitless, I'm literally shaking, but fortunately, Azef's look was enough to reassure me.

“It is said that this forest has many facets, each more frightening than the last.  Each wood in this place is the property of a sacred beast and is home to something quite incredible… Humans have established myths and legends relating to this forest, but the reality is quite different…”

I frowned, ok, now I want to know everything.
To begin with, the Gahara Wood Forest, also known as the “sea of trees”, located not far from here in Seiryu territory, is said to be inhabited only by demons, according to legend.  It is said that the trapped, lost, angry or vengeful souls of those who were deceived by demons or who ventured into this forest and died there flit among the twisted trees.  Spiritualist mages attribute to these trees an evil energy accumulated over the centuries.  It is easy to get lost in this strangely silent forest; according to popular legend, location tools and spells are sometimes ineffective.  Which could explain the fact that even the most skilled adventurers and mages have never succeeded in taming this forest despite their greed in wanting to obtain the treasures hidden there.
Then we have the Black Forest in the territory of the great tortoise Genbu.  The Black Forest is so named because of its almost impenetrable darkness, it is reputed to be the seat of the most frightening legends which haunt the hearts of the inhabitants of the different inhabitants of the kingdom whether they border on the forest or come from the capital  far from here.  Legend has it that the forest is haunted by water creatures like mermaids, elves and sylphs and even fairies but unlike the empires that surround Garten, these creatures are not taken as blessings because according to belief, they  feed on human flesh.