He miss her

Christal had just spoken that she already walked away under Claude's look, both hurt and angry.

Why should that damn demon always have to torment him?  Sometimes she was there making his life a real hell, sometimes she decided to free him and still made his life a real hell.

He was exhausted by these games, he was fed up so if she wanted to hurt him, he wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

" And what tells me that it's not the other way around?  What tells me that suffering while you're gone won't mean you've bewitched me?  It's more plausible as an explanation, don't you think?"

Christal froze, what Claude had just told her was both painful and pleasant, and she found a kind of comfort in it...

She seemed perverse about it, she was a demon so it was normal for her to have these kinds of thoughts.

She was hurt that the man she loved, whatever her nature, trusted her so little.

But she reassured herself that he hadn't lost what made him unique among other humans of his species...he always wanted to stay logical no matter the desire in him.

" Claude Von Hosten, Well I'm going to free both your children and you from my manipulation…  You're right, you don't love me, I bewitched you but the enchanting was far too weak, in addition, you were no longer useful to me having taken what I wanted from you…"

She bent down to his children's level and put her hands on their foreheads... Claude wouldn't know what she did but Karl and Edward seemed to come out of a split second then turning to Christal, they began to blush.

" He ... hello madam you are very beautiful."

Karl spoke while Edward just shook his head in agreement.  Claude called them and when they turned towards him, they saw Eléonore and without waiting jumped on her.

" Mother…."

Eléonore didn't know what had just happened but what was important for her was that she had found her children. She wrapped them in her embrace and threw a hateful look at Christal who however paid no attention.

" Well, Claude Von Hosten, will you bend down so that I release you?"

" Are you going to stop your merry-go-round?  I want to know why you are so..shit you seem to give up on, you who have always been so annoying."

" I can't fight the disdain you have for me so I'd rather leave you alone...I got what I wanted from you so I can go."

" Stop that…"

" Human, lower your tone otherwise I will not hesitate to kill you but before I will take the souls of all your staff, your loving wife, and especially your children whom you cherish so much. So, human, when I still have an ounce of generosity, do not tempt me."

Christal did not wait for Claude to be able to speak and left, suddenly disappearing to the great amazement of everyone present.

Claude fell on his knees, had she abandoned him this time?  No, he just wanted to push her just a little over the edge, not make her leave him... The feelings of abandonment he had felt earlier resurfaced as he writhed in pain on the grass clutching his chest. He rolled into a ball and clenched his teeth, the butler quickly came to carry him with other servants and finally, he found himself in his room looking for a way to normalize his breathing which was now jerky...Christal had abandoned him  ...it was the only thought he had in his head like a mantra. She had to come back. He needed her; it was a necessity.