His transformation

Claude still had the conviction to see her again soon, to find her one day, and when he does, he won't let her go.  He will hold her tight forever so that she will never be lost and no one will ever tear her away from him.

He still remembered their first meeting.  He then remembered how they had seen each other again in his dreams and how he had lived a life full of torment because of her, a life where he only hoped for one thing: that she would go away. 

He had been remarkable in hypocrisy because when he decided to let go he understood one thing, she was so precious to him that he gave in and showed her how much he wanted her. He told her and fuck her so much that day, continuing until the dawn of a new day. It was so intense and every time he thinks about it, his body is on fire and his senses are awakened.

He wanted so much to relive these moments.

He had mistakenly thought that he would never lose her, he had been so sure of it that it had become obvious.  He thought he would have her forever.  He thought that he could one day call her his own and be able to hold her and kiss her in front of everyone anywhere without caring what anyone thought.  Introduce her as his wife, enjoy a fulfilling life as a couple with her, and finally start a real family.

But he guesses it was all just a wild dream.  He insulted and denigrated, and he lost her.  He knew her nature, he knew what she wanted and what she expected of him, but he hadn't met her expectations, even going so far as to tell her what he didn't think…  he had shouted that the feelings he felt for her weren't real, he wanted to break her so much that he became heartless. He had not heard the pain in the bottom of her voice when she had spoken to him about manipulation, she had given him what he wanted to hear, what he believed, and had decided to let him think that he was right, thus taking on the villain's cap...

He would have wanted so much to close his big mouth at that moment so that this bullshit he had told remained in his damn mind but no, he had decided to hurt her and he had done it. He hurted her more than reason, and chased her away from him. 

He had let her slip through his fingers and couldn't do anything about it...he had lost her and now after more than twenty days without hearing from her, he finally took the full measure of his actions...he had been a complete asshole and now he suffers knowing she suffers more.

He was sitting on his desk, his hands over his face as he stared at the table. He gritted his teeth and choked back a sob… he had already cried her absence too much, and now he has to apologize.

" Please forgive me.  Please come back to me, Christal."

She had told him a month…  it was her word so why the hell hadn't she come back yet?  Was this his punishment?  Had he pushed her so much that she got fed up and decided never to come back to him again?  She had lied to him? 

No, it's not possible. Even if she was a demon, a being of deceitful and manipulative nature, Christal was not like that... No, his Christal was a woman with principles, she would not lie to him not...never, something must have happened to her, he has to know.

Eléonore had stayed in her room for a long time, not going out since Claude had pushed her away. She had tried not to be hurt, convincing herself that she was used to it, that she knew it full well, and that it shouldn't hurt her. But convincing herself was much more complicated when she remembered that the man she loves, and incidentally her husband felt nothing but indifference for her. Even their children had not been enough to bring them closer together.  On the contrary, it was more than obvious that children or not he had and will never have anything to do with her…