Good and bad news?

I was wondering if I had managed to convince Azef especially since he still seemed troubled, having said nothing since the end of his statement, then, I heard my name.

“Azef?”

“Let’s go back...you must be hungry right?”

At the same time, I heard my stomach rumble, finally feeling the hunger I had been ignoring since the morning.

“I'm starving and it's only now that I realize it…”

“I’m sorry about that, come now, I think your parents are already home.”

“Azef?”

"Yes ??"

“And for my parents... Now that you've woken up, are you going to go after my father?”

I could say what I wanted, but Claude remained my father and without understanding why, I had enormous affection for the man, in short, enough not to wish that Azef would rip his head off.

“No...I don't have to do it...even if I don't lack the desire to do so.  But he is your father and Christal is your mother too despite her impertinence in defying her master.”

"My mother ?"  I asked a little surprised, wasn't she supposed to be rambling?

“Yes, you know but this little...”

Azef sighed, he shouldn't lose his temper.  She's Mylène's mother even if he really wants to rip that viper's head off for doing something like that to him.

“Your mother came back yesterday and is living at the Hosten house.”

“The dirty bitch....sorry but what is this mother?”  so she came back and didn't even want to meet me... I don't know how I felt at that moment, sad or angry... Azef will certainly have understood that by the way...

“She couldn’t have come and bothered us when we were having our night.”

“Yes, you’re not wrong.”  I smiled, my negative feelings from earlier fading away.

We stood there for a while longer looking at each other and it was my stomach that reminded us that we had to go back.

On the side of Claude and Christal, the latter was in a state of panic.

A few minutes earlier, or even an hour or two, she had felt a shiver run down her spine and just afterwards, she and Claude had heard a roar like a horn announcing the start of an event...

But only mystical creatures and animals could hear it... humans remained oblivious to what was happening around them...

It was so impactful that the birds suddenly flew away with a rustle and the other animals became very agitated... The employees of the house looked lost at the behavior of the animals in the manor.

Christal had her nails in her mouth and was pacing back and forth while Claude remained stoic, preferring not to panic.

Both knew what the sound of this horn meant, both understood it very well, and they know that the other sacred beasts understood it too.  Having sensed it, they were certain that it would not be long before they landed and when they did, they would pay the price.

“Shit...my love, let's go, I don't want to stay here when that monster comes back...you remember how strong he was and how he almost killed us right?  I tell you, let’s go.”

Claude carefully arranged the documents in front of him, stamping them in a slow and steady rhythm almost enraging his wife but he didn't care, he continued stamping.

“Claude, are you listening to me?”  She screamed until her voice almost broke...

“That’s all I do, Christal, but I don’t take it into account.”  He responded calmly without even looking up at his wife who seemed to be fuming at his actions.

" Pardon ?"  Christal looked disappointed.

Claude simply took his cigar and lit it, taking a huge breath before releasing a thick cloud of smoke.

“You heard me right, I think you have become very soft over the years.”

“But you want to laugh?  You know who this monster is, its power is beyond belief, I am telling you that he is the eldest of the sacred beasts, you know what that means... it... it is dangerous and you saw it twenty years ago  years…"

“I know very well.. I was there, remember, we both almost died… which is why I can’t leave our daughter in his hands.”

Christal froze, she hadn't thought of Mylène in this story...shit her daughter is with this monstrous creature...and if as she suspects he is awake, her baby is in danger, she is very  fear.

The two were deep in thought when they heard noises outside the door, the knocking sounding both loud and desperate.

Christal disappeared before Claude recovered and asked to enter.

The butler, after receiving his master's authorization, immediately rushed in, almost out of breath, and twisted his body in front of the Duke who was looking at him as if he were a clown.

“Your grace....it's....it's awful...I...I”

“Calm down already and first of all, catch your breath.”

“It’s impossible...I can’t...I…”

“I said take a breath and tell me what it is.”

Claude was now quite angry and above all he had better things to think about than worrying about this man's moods.

“I’m sorry...it’s Mr. Karl.”

Claude frowned, what was Karl's problem?

"What?"

“He...is sick...I don't know what's really wrong with him but since then he's been vomiting and squirming...I suspect he was poisoned.”