Mylène's mother

I had fallen asleep against the huge cupboard where there were many books in a secluded area of ​​the library.

I had read until very late at night and hadn't realized that I dozed off with the book on my lap.

Later, the duke came to relax by reading some books. It was his daily routine every evening; so he shut himself in his library. Anyway, he was the only one to read in this house. His eldest sons were uneducated, preferring to practice swordsmanship than read a good strategy book. Gabrielle was far too brainless, and the only thing she liked to do as cultured was to read fashion catalogs. His wife was hopeless so no need to think about her.

The only one who could have been interested in reading is his daughter Mylène. He is sure that since her sudden change, she would be interested in a few reading sessions with him.

He called the butler and asked him to bring some tea to stay all night… He was tired from the situation with the forest of nightmares; he hadn't slept a wink especially when he thought that the king wanted to take these lands from him.

He would have liked to conquer this land, but with these beasts guarding it, it was impossible… This forest was precious to him, it was there that he met Christal, Mylène's mother.

Yes, Mylène's mother because Karl and Edward were not her children. He had been married to a count's daughter, and despite their marriage, he met Christal and had fallen madly in love.  He met her at the edge of the forest of nightmares one night when he was fleeing his monotonous life.

She was as beautiful as a devil… He knew she was not normal because she normally had green eyes but when she came to kiss him, they changed color to become golden...

At this time, he hadn't known where she came from but he was so in love that he would go crazy just trying to make love to her until the end of his life… He wanted her so much, it was almost a curse.

Their meeting , however, was not easy because she was mysterious and he had a lot of difficult times because of her.

But the desire was stronger than reason and he had ended up giving in…  Giving to her and that's how she came into their lives.

*******

A young man of 24 was galloping on his horse toward the forest… He had drawn features and only one idea in mind, to go far away.

His world suffocated him, he was a woman's husband and the father of two boys whom he looked at as if they were not his…  He wished it were so...

The marriage, first of all, he did not want but his father had forced him because the domain of Hosten needed this union.

His wife had fallen in love. She said it was true even though he was the simple son of an aristocrat of breath.  He was a handsome man with great beauty that many women wanted in their beds and maybe marry him.

He was tall, his features were fine, his stature perfect and he was very good at the sword… He was the perfect man. The only downside was that he did not have a high status… But this count's daughter had succeeded in marrying him and he had two children with her.

He had taken over the estate and thanks to his influence, he had become prosperous to become a duke. But he was a prisoner of his life… He can't stand dinners with "his family"...He was just trying to escape…

He galloped without looking ahead and it was the evil aura of the forest of nightmares which stopped him.

He had galloped past the forest and was about to turn back when he heard a woman's voice.