Everything is going as planned.

Azef and I arrived at the stables and I was trying to recover from my sore back.  It was then that the butler came to meet us, asking me to follow him urgently.

“Since you are rude, I will do as I please and refuse to follow you.... Azef, let’s go back, I want to take a good bath.”

"I follow you."

I walked past the butler, Azef following me walking towards the manor until the butler stopped us again, yelling my name, this time using my title of nobility.

As it happened, I wasn't expecting it, so I turned around, surprised by this change in attitude but looking at the man's angry face despite his disappointed expression, I understood... My plan had been  a success so now what this idiot was going to say seemed interesting to me. 

"What now?"  I pretended to be annoyed, albeit slightly, dealing with these assholes was making me intensely tired.

“Please...my...lady.... Mr. Karl is seriously ill and he needs you.”

I laughed, in mockery and joy at how my plan unfolded... who would have thought that this butler who always looked at me with contempt and spoke with all the disdain that exists, would find himself bowing before me, pleading with me  in this way?

I'll probably have fun today.

“Oh, saying my lady and associating it with my first name must have made you make a considerable effort…”

I started laughing again as the butler got more and more angry but he had no choice, he had to think about Karl's health first.

“I...am sorry my Lady I....”

My eyes shone with a spark of mischief.

“And why are you apologizing?”  I could see the butler's fists clenching tighter as his jaw looked like it was going to break... it was so good!

“Besides, why would my presence be necessary if he is so ill?  It’s a doctor he needs and as far as I know I’m not one.”

“My lady, listen...his illness requires the intervention of a mage and since these people are both rare and elusive, we need a little influence to bring one to Mr.  Karl.”

I immediately took the hint but I had to let this man get to the bottom of his thoughts.

"And so?"

“Second Prince Aaron Shubert Von Garten could bring one over if you ask him…”

They called me names because of my intimacy with the prince and today, this intimacy is necessary for them?  The human is pathetic.

“Why would I do that?  he and I aren’t that close, plus he doesn’t have to.”

“I beg you otherwise master Karl will die.”

I didn't respond, despite it being my plan, I felt disgusted for some reason.  These people who are begging me today, regardless of whether this is all my fault, their behavior makes me want to vomit.  Not to mention the fact that, even if I do what these people expect of me, they will never be grateful to me.  Besides, I'd love to let that asshole Karl die, but right now that doesn't help my plans. 

“If he dies then his time had come…” I began, the butler's face falling as I wondered why he was so attached to these brats.  It’s strange, then pulling myself together, I continued, “but if he dies, my father will be sad and I don’t want that, I’ll call the prince”

“I thank you my lady.”

the butler had tears in his eyes as he ran inside presumably to tell the others.

I rolled my eyes feeling Azef move beside me.

“Are you really going to help these wretches?”

“You don’t know me well...of course not, this is all part of my plan.”

“To rally them to your cause?”

“Of course not, these useless things wouldn't even be used to clean my feet... I have something else planned, follow me, I'll explain everything to you when we're safe from prying ears.”

We entered the mansion, I was happy that my plan was going so well.  We were in the hallway when I saw Fancy in the distance nodding at me, which had the effect of widening my smile even more... frankly I love my new life.

We arrived outside my room and were about to enter when a voice interrupted us.  I almost jumped when I saw my father sitting on the couch by the window.

"Dad?"

“Hello Mylène, how are you?”

“Ok is it for Karl?”

“Yes... I understand that you don't like him but he's still your brother and...”

“Dad, he’s not going to die so calm down, I’ll just use him.”

“But the doctor said…”

“And the doctor told the truth: if nothing is done, he will die but I had already anticipated the blow... My dear dad, do you think that when I decide to undertake something I do it half ?  No, all this was perfectly planned, even the intervention of the prince.”

"I see...."

Then he noticed Azef's cold face and swallowed.

“Majesty...”

Claude had forgotten with everything that was happening between Mylène and Karl that the sacred beast was awake and that he now had to be held accountable.