Episode 6: Pokeball Peril

After their little adventure on the ramshackle airship and having to deal with Team Rocket, Mew and her friends walk out of the airship and are very glad to be back on ground floor. Not only that, but Mew caught herself two new Pokemons: Plusle and Minun. Still, they have an errand to do for Professor Oak. And so, they're now walking on the trail in the hot sun of Valencia Island to find Professor Ivy's lab to pick up the mysterious Pokball.

Mew happily sighs and says, "What a beautiful place."

"Yeah. The weather is perfect," Misty says.

"Maybe we should take a little swim," Tomo suggests.

But Brock says, "We can have fun after we get that Pokéball."

"Okay," Tomo replies with a nod.

Soon, the group stops on the hill, to see the city up ahead.

"So, where is Professor Ivy's laboratory, anyway?" Misty wonders.

"I'm afraid I don't," Brock says.

"Me neither," Mew and Tomo say.

Even the Pokemon shake their heads in reply.

Misty sighs and says, "I guess we'll just have to find it."

Soon, Pikachu notices something, "Pi? Pika Pi! ("Huh? Mew!")

Mew and the others turn to see a building that seems rather different. It has green walls, with red designs, and a strange looking roof.

"That looks like a Pokemon Center," Mew says.

The group heads over and walks inside.

Misty calls out, "Anybody here?"

"I wonder if there are Nurse Joys in the Orange Islands," Brock replies.

Right on cue, Nurse Joy and Chansey arrive to greet them.

Nurse Joy says, "Welcome to the Pokémon Center."

"Some things never change," Mew comments.

Brock is the first to come up to her and holds her hand, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Are you related to any of the other Nurse Joys?"

"I'm the second cousin of the sister-in-law of the Joy in Saffron City. Have you ever been to Saffron City?" Nurse Joy answers.

"Oh, yes. It's beautiful, like you are," Brock says.

Misty then grabs Brock by the ear, "Looks like you need to cool down a little, Brock." And drags him away.

Mew steps forward, "Um Nurse Joy, we were hoping to ask for directions. Can you tell us how to get to Professor Ivy's lab?"

"Oh, it's very easy. You go straight out of the Pokémon Center, make the first left, and it's the big white building at the end of Bay View Road," Nurse Joy explains, and points to the trail.

"Thank you," Mew says.

Sometime later, after following Nurse Joy's instruction, Mew and her friends arrive at a large white building with a red roof on the top; it also has a balcony. The group then walks inside to find the scientist.

Mew calls out, "Professor Ivy?!"

"Hello?! Is anybody home?!" Misty calls out.

However, no one answers, and so far, no one seems to be here.

"The place looks empty," Tomo says.

Suddenly, a secret door that is on the floor flings open, starting Mew, the others, and the Pokemon.