Episode 16: Navel Maneuvers

Today, Mew and her friends are riding on Lapras through the ocean. They're heading to Navel Island where Mew hope to earn a second Orange League Badge. Soon, they notice something up ahead.

"There it is, Navel Island," Tracey says.

The group looks ahead to see the island has a very large mountain that gives up to the clouds.

"Look at that mountain," Mew says.

"It's really big," Tomo says.

Then Misty says, "I wonder what kind of badge they have at the gym there."

"I think it's called the Sea Ruby badge because it's made out of a seashell with a ruby in it," Trace says.

"The Sea Ruby badge," Mew says.

Then Tomo says, "I wonder what kind of battle you have to do."

"We won't know until we get there. Now, let's get to that island," Mew says.

"Pi Pikachu!" (Full speed ahead!) Pikachu cheers.

Then Eevee cheers, "Eevee!" (Let's go!)

Soon enough, Mew and her friends reach the island and find a small village.

"This place sure is quiet," Misty replies.

"Seems like it's deserted," Tracey says.

"And I don't see any gym around here, either," Mew adds.

"Where is everybody?" Tomo replies.

Just then, Mew and the others look out to the ocean to see a sailboat sailing by. They soon see a young man with brownish colored hair. He is wearing an orange Hawaiian T-Shirt, blue shorts, and ivory shoes. He is also listening to tropical music on the boombox. Mew and her friends become surprised and notice the sailor sails to the shore where they're at.

The man says, "Hi! I bet you guys are looking for a gym battle."

"Uh, yeah," Mew replies.

"Well you came to the right place. It's nice to meet you all. I'm Danny," The young man says.

Mew smiles and says, "Hi. I'm Mew.

"And my name's Tracey," Tracey says.

"Pika Pika! Pikachu!" (Nice to meet you! I'm Pikachu.) Pikachu says.

Then Eevee says, "Eevee Eevee." (Hi. I'm Eevee.)

"I'm Tomo," Tomo says.

Then Meloetta says, "Mel Mel Meloetta." (I'm Meloetta, nice to meet you.)

"Skwovet Skwovet." (I'm Skwovet.) Skwovet says.

Finally Misty introduces herself. "Oh! My name's Misty."

"Misty, eh? That beautiful name suits you," Danny says with a smile.

Shocked, Tracey and Tomo questions, "You mean, her?"

The Pokemon do seem a bit confused.

Danny walks over and reaches his hand to Misty, "My pleasure, Misty."

"Nice to meet you," Misty does the same and shakes hands.

"I've seen lots of beautiful things on these islands, but nothing as beautiful as you," Danny says.

Misty blushes and asks, "Beautiful as me?"

Tomo and Tracey are confused, so do Pikachu and Skwovet. Mew, Meloetta, and Eevee giggle as they cover their mouths.

Unknown to Mew and the others, Team Rocket is spying on them once again on the island.

"There they are," Jessie says. She laughs and says, "Now, I know we've suffered several significant setbacks, but just remember that old saying: 'A twerp and her Pikachu and Eevee are soon parted.'"