Episode 42: Viva Las Lapras

After leaving Pummelo Island, Mew and her friends are sailing across the ocean blue on Lapras' back to get back to Pallet Town in the Kanto Region. Mew is once again polishing her Orange Island trophy and is very proud of herself and her Pokemon for their hard work and team work.

"You really did a great job, Mew," Misty says.

"Thanks. Now that we got the trophy, I say we should start making our way to Pallet Town," Mew says.

Then turns to Lapras, "Of course, I still haven't forgotten my promise to help you Lapras."

Lapras let out a cry with glee.

Suddenly, Lapras senses something and lets out a squeal. Then jerks the group aboard violently around, frightening everyone. Soon, Lapras is swimming faster than ever before.

Mew calls out, "What's the matter? What's wrong, Lapras? Where are we going?"

Lapras squeals with determination, as he continues to swim. Everyone waits as Lapras continues to swim, and soon enough, they see more Lapras on the horizon.

"Hey guys, look. It's a whole school of Lapras," Mew says.

The Pokemon are amazed to see more.

Indeed, it's a School of Lapras swimming across the sea. The group is amazed to see so many of them.

Tracey starts sketching the school, "This is amazing! I've never seen so many Lapras together."

"I wonder if any of these Lapras know your Lapras, Mew," Misty wonders.

"Maybe," Mew replies.

Then Mew remembers, "Hey guys, do you think this could be Lapras' school. The one he got separated from."

"Hey, you know, you're right! This could be the school Lapras was separated from before we found him," Tracey says.

"Well, looks like these might be friends of yours," Tomo says.

"Or even family," Mew says.

"What do you mean?" Jen asks.

"Oh, you didn't know..." Mew says.

Flashback: The Day they meet Lapras

Mew then hurries to Laparas and kneels to it, "Are you okay, sweetie? Did those mean boys scare you?"

The little Lapras nods its head in reply, nervously. In truth, it doesn't know if it can trust humans, even if they defend it, but it notices the bad bruise on Mew's arm. That made it remember that Mew saved it from being abused. It then looks at Mew with some truth in her eyes.

"Here little guy, maybe this can help you feel better," Mew says, and presents a kind of medicine to Lapras.

Lapras is reluctant, but seeing Mew's kind smile, it decides to open its mouth. Allowing Mew to spray a bit of the medicine in Lapra's mouth, and it begins to eat it. Mew then gently pets Lapras, calming it down a little, and begins to have more trust in Mew.

Flashback: The Pokemon Center

But Nurse Joy says, "But there is a problem. That Lapras is afraid of having any kind of contact with people at all. I only managed to treat it when Mew was close next to it."

"No wonder, after the way those guys on the beach were treating it," Misty says.

"Yeah. Those guys are mean," Tomo says.

"That's too bad, especially since it's just an infant," Tracy says.

Mew then wonders, "I wonder why a baby Lapras was on the beach alone, and away from its pod."