Chapter 12

Reggie's POV

A few days later, I go down the stairs to get some breakfast, before I will go to see Will again, but I stop in the middle of the stairs, when I hear what my parents, Mason and Tyler are talking about.

"Denver will hate me if I will agree to do that, and he will hate all of you even more, especially papa." Tyler tells them, just loud enough for me to hear.

"He will forgive us one day, I prefer for him to be angry at me, over him being dead." Papa tells him, and Tyler groans.

"Alright." Tyler says after a while, he already sounds tired, and I know that it's because Denver and Tyler are finally getting along well, and Tyler probably doesn't want to hurt Denver with whatever he just agreed to do.

"So, I will send Denver to the meeting with one of the packs, I will tell him that I can't go this time, and that someone has to go, I'm sure that he will agree.

He will be gone for about a week, so we will have enough time to prepare the ceremony for Tyler, and Denver will come back a few days after that, then I will have to talk to him about everything that happened, since I'm sure that he won't be happy at all." Papa says, and my eyes widen.

I will have to tell Denver about it, I don't want him to come back to a surprise like that, he doesn't deserve it.

I quickly go upstairs, and then I wait for a few minutes, so they won't know that I was listening to their conversation, then I make my way down the stairs, a bit louder than usual.

They stop talking when they hear me, and when I reach the ground floor, I go straight to the dining room.

"Hi." I greet everyone, and they greet me back, so I sit on one of the chairs, and I make myself a sandwitch.

They change the topic of the conversation, and they make me join sometimes.

When I finish eating, I take Royal and Raven, who are already down the stairs with the rest of my babies, and I go straight towards Will's pack.

I consider if I should block my scent, since I doubt that papa will do something to Will or his pack, now that he knows that we're mates.

But if I don't block my scent, then I might get the attention of some rogues, and if they would follow my scent, and I could lead them straight to Will's pack.

So, I quickly use the scent blocker, to get rid of my and the kids' scent, before I walk towards my mate.

At least I was lucky enough to get quiet babies, since most of my brothers' kids were very loud as babies.

And that makes it a lot easier to go beyond the border with them, since I don't have to worry that they will bring the wild rogues here.