Chapter 29

Will's POV

A few days later, I decide that I want to see the cave again.

I wanted to go there alone, but Reginald and Casey demanded to come with me.

So, I lead them towards the cave, and it takes us a while, since we're walking in out human forms.

I think that I try to walk as slow as I can, so I can still think that it's a joke, and that the cave will be just how I have left it.

But the realisation hits me when we finally reach the cave, that doesn't really look like a cave anymore.

There are a small pieces of rocks on the floor, but most of them are covered by blood.

The bigger rocks were moved outside, so the bodies could be taken out of the remains of the cave.

I look at everything, and I don't really know what to say.

Reginald hugs me tightly, to give me some comfort, but it doesn't help much.

"We should go back." I say, and he nods.

I put my hand on Casey's back, and I force him to come with us.

We walk back towards Reginald's pack, and I guess that we will be staying there for a while, since I don't really feel like living in a cave, not after what I have just seen.

I definitely don't want to die like this, and I'm glad that at least Casey was able to survive.

When we get back to the pack, we drop Casey at the pack house, where he's staying right now, and then we go to Reginald's house.

No one is there when we reach it, not even our kids which we have left with Timmy.

So, Reginald texts Timmy to ask if he just went for a walk  or if he had to leave the kids with someone else.

Right after Reginald sends the text, the front door opens, and I can hear the Reginald's younger brothers come inside, along with Timmy, since I hear the sound that comes when someone gets a message.

Timmy comes into the living room a while later, carrying two of the kids.

"I had to pick the kids from school." Timmy tells us, and then he gives us our kids.

The other two are carried into the living room by Reginald's brothers not much later, so we take them too, and we relax on the couch.

We talk for a while, until I decide that I should get some rest, so I leave the kids with Reginald, and I go upstairs to take a shower and a nap.

After I exit the bathroom, I can a see that Reginald is in the bed, and he extends his hand towards me.

So, I lay on the bed, and I let him hug me tightly.

We lay on the bed in silence for a while, but soon I can hear that Reginald's asleep.

And not much later, I decide to close my eyes, which makes me fall asleep almost instantly.