Chapter 23

Will's POV

The run back takes a lot longer than we had expected, since Will and I were running with very little breaks for the last day, and Denver and his mate also just got to the pack, so they spent the last two days running.

To make it worse, we are running into the rouges every few hours, so that drains our energy.

When we're halfway, we finally decide that we need a break, so we take a nap, and we wake up a few hours later, then we start to run again.

We reach the pack border almost a day later than we should have, but we're finally here, and I'm ready to sleep for the next week.

We go straight to the house, and I really hope that Tyler didn't have his ceremony yet, since Denver was supposed to come back in about two days, so they should have it soon, if they didn't already.

The house is empty, so Denver runs towards the pack house, most likely wanting to tell papa what he thinks about him at this moment.

So, the three of us run after him, and when we reach the pack house my eyes widen.

The ceremony is already happening, and it seems that it's the last step of it.

Tyler starts to scream, when papa puts his bloody hand over the wound on his head, and I look at Denver, who's looking angrier then I have ever seen him.

Some people notice us, although were standing far behind them.

The screams continue for much longer than it should, and I can see that papa starts to look worried.

A few minutes later it ends, but instead of standing up to look at the crowd, that would have been his to lead, Tyler falls to the ground, making everyone gasp.

Papa quickly picks Tyler up, and he runs towards the pack hospital, not much later I can see the Doctor following him, and then my family goes right behind him, so the four of us go to the pack hospital too.

Papa seems to be in the hospital room with Tyler, but the rest of my family is sitting on the chairs impatiently, waiting for the Doctor to tell them if Tyler will be fine.

Except for Tyler's mate, who's walking through the corridor, with his hands pulling at his hair.

I quickly go to give him a hug, hoping to calm him, while Denver stands next to the door.

He looks angry, but I know that he's too concerned about Tyler to scream at anyone.

But right after he will hear that our brother will be fine, I doubt that he will hold back.

Papa comes out of the room, and he looks at us with a small smile, he opens his mouth to speak, but he notices Denver at the doorway, and his eyes widen.

Everyone turns to see what he's looking at, and they seem to just realise that Denver's back.

Denver glares at papa, which makes papa groan, before he turns back to the rest of our family.

"I wanted to tell you that Tyler will be fine, but he will have to stay in the hospital for a while." He tells us, and everyone sighs in relieve.