Chapter 45

Reggie's POV

Today is finally the day of Denver's Alpha ceremony.

It took only about a month for papa to make him ready for it, which is a lot quicker than I have expected.

But it turned out that for the last few years Denver was learning all the things that he will need to know to be the Alpha.

I also didn't expect papa to let Denver become an Alpha as soon as he will know everything, but it seems that he had already accepted that it's Denver's turn to try to pass the ceremony.

Although I can see that he's very stressed, since there is a big possibility that Denver will die, if he won't manage to pass the ceremony.

But Denver doesn't seem to be nervous at all, he looks ready to finally become the Alpha that he wanted to be, since he was a small kid.

So, the whole family decided to meet at our house, a few minutes before the ceremony, and it seems that Will and I are the last ones to get here.

When we reach everyone, we go straight to the backyard of the pack house together.

Then papa and Denver go to stand on the stage, while the rest of us wait near it.

There should be a mating room here too, but since Denver and his mate had already mated, so they won't have to do it here, but they actually should have waited to do it at Denver's ceremony.

Soon papa starts to talk to the crowd, and not long later the ceremony starts.

Denver kneels in front of papa, and I look at them as papa takes the knife from the floor, and he uses his fingers to move the hair from the back of Denver's head.

Them he cuts the place, and he lets Denver's hair fall, before he cuts his palm deeply, and then he presses the wounds together, to let their blood touch.

I can feel that Denver is in pain, but he doesn't scream yet, so it's a good sigh, since Tyler was screaming his lungs out at this point.

A while later, the screaming starts, and I watch as my brother tries to fight for the title of an Alpha.

It takes a few minutes, but the screaming finally stops, and everyone looks at Denver, waiting to see if he will fall to the floor as Tyler did not so long ago.

But he manages to stand up, which makes everyone scream happily, while we look at our new Alpha.

Denver says a few words to the crowd, before he comes over to us.

"I knew that you will be the future Alpha." I tell him, and he hugs me tightly, before he hugs everyone else, then he takes his mate, and he goes to talk to the crowd.

We wait for him for about an hour, and when he gets back, we go back to the house to celebrate.

Papa seems happy that this went well, and I smile at that, since I was a bit scared that he will be disappointed that Denver will be an Alpha, because it seemed that he wanted anyone else to take the position.