Chapter 19

Will's POV

We spend the next few hours with Casey, but soon it's time for Reginald to go back, since it will start to get dark soon, and he should get back to his pack before that will happen.

I sometimes go with him, especially if he has one kid with him, since then he can ride on my back, but it's a bit unsafe to do that with two kids in his arms, so he also has to walk.

So, when he stands up, I let him take Ryker from me, and then I stand up to give his goodbye kiss.

And I let him go outside, but before he can reach the entrance of my cave, I hear that someone screams, so I quickly go outside, pushing Reginald back a bit, so he will get inside the cave again.

And when I get outside, I can see that there are rogues, a lot of them to be exact.

They aren't like us, since they didn't shift enough for them to be able to think clearly, so they're wild, almost like a normal wolf, sometimes even worst.

The fact that they managed to get here unnoticed tells me that the people that were guarding our lands were most likely killed.

I can smell that there are a lot more rogues coming this way, so I help everyone kill the rogues that are already here, then I command for them to shift, and I let Reginald climb on my back with our son, then I lead my pack towards Reginald's pack.

I just hope that Carter won't mind our visit, there will be hundred rogues in his pack after all.

But Reginald doesn't protest, so I take it as a good sign, and I run as fast as I can, before I reach the pack border.

We run through it, but not long later I can hear the alarm, so I know that we were noticed.

I smell the air to make sure that the rogues didn't follow us, and when I'm sure that it's safe, then I shift, and everyone does the same, before we put our clothes back on.

We decide to wait here, because I don't want anyone to get killed, if someone will think that we're a threat.

Soon a lot of wolves come over, but they don't attack, and Carter shifts to his human form, before he puts some shorts on, and he looks at us with a frown.

"What's going on?" He asks us.

"Will's pack was attacked, and there are a lot of wild rogues in his cave." Reginald tells him.

"Alright, I guess that you will have to stay here for a while, before the rogues will leave your place." Carter says, so I nod, hoping that he will let us stay for a day or two.

"We don't really have enough empty rooms to give you, but Reggie said that you're living in the cave, and we have a cave here too, so you can use it, I will bring you some blankets." Carter tells us.

"I will show them where it is." Reggie says, and we start to go there, but Carter stops us.