Chapter 24

Will's POV

We stay at the hospital for a while longer, until the Doctor let's Tyler's mate walk inside the room.

Then we go towards Carter's house, and everyone sits in the back yard, since there's too many people to sit in the living room.

Denver is surprisingly quiet, although I can see that he's sending glares towards Carter every time that they make eye contact.

I wonder how much time it will take for Denver to start shouting at his father.

A few minutes later, I get the answer, since Carter decided to come towards Denver, who's sitting with us.

And as soon as he's close enough Denver stands up, and he gives him a hard punch to his chest.

Carter winces slightly, but he doesn't try to hit his son back, Denver tries to hit him again, but this time Carter grabs his arm to stop him from doing it.

"Let me go." Denver tells him, with a voice that is angrier than any that I have ever heard.

It gets the attention of everyone, so a few people take the kids inside, while the rest stays behind, to make sure that those two won't kill each other.

"I will let you go after you will calm down." Carter tells Denver.

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down when you have betrayed me?" Denver asks.

"We will talk about it, after you will control your anger." Carter tells him.

"It will be hard because of what you've done, now Tyler is in the hospital. Is this what you wanted to happen?" Denver asks, and Timmy gasps at the accusation.

"Of course not, we would have never done anything like that." Timmy tells him, and Denver just shakes his head.

"Why didn't you let me have the Alpha ceremony?" Denver asks Carter.

"Because I didn't believe they you would pass it, and I didn't want to risk killing you. You already know that." Carter says.

"And because of that you could have killed Tyler." Denver says.

"Yes, I know." Carter responds.

"Will you let me have the Alpha ceremony now?" Denver asks, and Carter opens his mouth to speak, but he looks like he doesn't really know what to tell him.

"And you better don't lie to me, becuae if you will send me to another meeting, to get rid of me, so one of my siblings will be able to have the mating ceremony, then I will move out of this pack." Denver threatens.

Carter sighs in frustration, before he looks at Mason, and they seem to have a silent conversation.

"We wanted to let Reggie try to pass it, if Tyler won't be able to." Mason tells Denver, since it's clear that Carter didn't want to tell Denver that.

"So, anyone will be better than me?" Denver asks Carter.

"We will talk about it, when you will manage to calm down." Carter responds, but Denver isn't having it.

He tries to pull his arms from Carter's strong grip, but Carter is still a lot stronger than him, since he's an Alpha, and Denver only has the Alpha genes.

After a few more tries, Mason comes over to try to calm Denver, but it doesn't work.

Soon I hear a bone snap, and Denver lets out a whine, so I look at his arm, so see that it's bent the wrong way.