Chapter 28

Will's POV

The next morning, I wake up earlier than I should have, and I can't fall asleep, so I decide that it doesn't make sense for me to stay in bed.

So I go downstairs and I start to make some breakfast for the whole family, since they let me stay here whenever I want to, and they don't want anything in return for that.

So, I make more sandwiches than I have ever seen on my eyes, and I place them in a fridge for later, I just take a few with me to the dining room, since I'm hungry.

I have taken Reginald's phone, so I will be able to entertain myself for a while.

He showed me how to use it, since I didn't really see anything like this before.

It looks weird, but it's a good entertainment, so I was happy to learn how to use it.

After a while, one of the kids starts to cry, so I stand up and I go to get him, I hope that he didn't wake anyone up yet.

I take Royal with me, and I go back to the living room, before I leave him there to make a bottle of milk for him.

Then I grab my sandwiches from the dining room, and I sit on the couch, while Royal drinks his milk by himself.

I smile at him when he looks at me, and that makes him giggle.

After I finish the rest of my breakfast, I decide to play with my kid, and soon my mate joins us, but not long later we're interrupted by a knock on the door.

I decide to open it, while Reginald stays with our son in the living room.

I frown when I see that it's Casey, and he looks very pale.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"The cave crashed." He tells me, and my eyes widen.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, hoping that he doesn't mean what I think that he means.

"The roof felt down, and everyone except me was under it, I was staying in your cave, and I managed to get out before it crashed me too, since the big cave felt first." He explains.

I don't know what to say, so I just let him come in, and right after I close the front door Reginald is hugging me, so I guess that he heard what Casey said.

I hug him back for a while, before we part so I can sit, since I feel like I might faint soon.

Reginald gives us a glass of water, and we gladly take it.

A while later Carter and Mason come downstairs, and they smile when they see Casey.

But the smile turns into a frown, when they see that we don't look happy at all.

"What's wrong?" Mason asks, and I let Reginald explain to them what happened.

"I will send someone to makes sure that no one is still alive, and to clean up." Carter tells us.

"Thanks." I say, since I don't think that I would be able to go there myself.