[S9] - I'll see you in a while

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Down in the basement, after avoiding the traps she had previously made and entering through the window she had exited before, she sat stacking canned food neatly on the coffee table that she had found. Underneath the table was a duffel bag with ammo, medical supplies, pistol, batteries and other essentials that were used for survival.

She couldn't hear any of the rotters that were moaning and shuffling by, but she did keep her ears trained to the basement door in case someone had come in. The only issue was that if someone did manage to come in, not only was the intruder trapped but so was she as the house would set a blaze.

She wasn't worried seeing the house she chose sat in a neighborhood that had been burned, possibly since the beginning. She was rather preoccupied by taking the food she had found scavenging and setting it down, then when she was done with that, she proceeded to lay her automatic rifle that she had found buried.

The last touch was adding a single bullet next to the rifle. As she sat back, she stared at it, her body relaxing underneath its gaze.

She's thought about it countless times. Since the beginning, but she's never given it another thought even since they entered her life. It's like every time she did think about it, one of them would interrupt her inner thoughts and replace it with their energy to have her continue on forward. It might be a desperation to grasp the reason why she still has a beating heart, but now, she doesn't have them.

They've disappeared and everything's changed.

One month. That's how long it has been since she hasn't seen him. Since she's been sleeping alone and going on with her life like Izuku had never existed. His body rested underneath a pile of dirt with wilted flowers placed neatly on top, but the petals had been blowing away due to the wind.

Sometimes, as the petals flew around her, she'd like to think it was him, but in reality there were multiple flowers around her so the thought was shunned and she felt saddened. What a childish thought. To think that his spirit was still around was so stupid.

She wondered, in his eternal sleep, if he was proud of how well she was doing. Besides going out to scavenge, she's helped Sorston's walls expand and even went as far as helping the people within the walls. To feel her lips rise every time someone greeted her ached her heart as she's always thought that she'd improve with Izuku and deep down in her locked feelings, it hurt to know that she'd be fine without him.

However, her longing would always be there and when the fateful day comes in which she sees him once again, she would continue to feel like a part of her was missing.

But...in all honesty, she had managed to heal better than Hanta's death. She was angry that she didn't react to Izuku's death like she had to her family and maybe that's because she had Ochaco, who strangely enough stood by her side.