7| Delilah

I don't have the most comfortable bed, but it's comfortable enough to put me in a deep slumber after an unwanted shift at the hospital. And after kicking an unwanted billionaire's ass.

That allowed me to sleep a lot better.

And I slept as soon as I got home. I didn't have the energy to shower and all so I just put on the oversized shirt I always sleep with. It was a messed up order from online shopping but I was too lazy to send it back so it's use is to be worn for me to sleep in.

My sleep, however, was interrupted by excessive knocking on my door.

God, why so early...

I get up lazily and walk to the door, my body, mind and eyes still heavy from sleep.

The knocks start again, triggering my headache. "I'm coming!" I yell but it backfires as my head starts pounding.

"I told you already, Stephen. I payed the rent last week-"

I'm cut off when I'm not greeted with the short bearded man that demands my rent every week. Instead a certain idiot stands tall in my doorway with a straight face and deathly glare.

My eyes widen and I shut the door, leaning against it as I try to catch my breath.

"Surely not..." I whisper to myself. I must be dreaming at this point, but even so, why would I dream of seeing that idiot's face ever again?

I defeated him, yeah, but I will not face him. At least not in my fucking house!

I walk away from the door, pacing in front of it. I nervously begin to bite fry nails as I try to think of a solution.

"Surely, not, surely not, I mean... surely not?!" It's all I can say to myself. Shock, confusion, and frustration begin to rise up and my thoughts are scattered, only able to come out in a series of mumbles.

He knocks again, a lot louder this time letting me know that he's getting impatient.

Oh shit! I just slammed the door in my boss's face?! But technically he's not my boss he just... OWNS THE HOSPITAL WHERE I WORK! Ah fuck...

I sigh and reach for the door again. This time I'm cautious and open it as slow as possible, peeking through the expanding gap.

He stands tall in the hallway, wearing a long grey coat the goes down to his shins. Peeking from underneath is a navy blue suit and a white dress shirt.

His eyes are thunderous when they meet mine and he raises his arm slowly, setting it on the door. I stand as intimidating as I can but his height still causes him to tower over me.

"What are you doing here?" I demand but my voice comes out a little softer than I'd like.

A sly grin forms on his features. "I came here to discuss something with you, Ms Winston,"

I scoff. "You could've just called me, seeing as you magically and creepily got my address," I state sarcastically with a slight bit of irritation seeping in.

He stands up straight and shrugs, setting his hands into the pockets of his coat. "I could've, but i needed to see something first,"

"See what?" I'm getting irritated with his little riddles now.

"Well, definitely not a mad woman standing in your doorway— and when are you gonna let me in, Winston?" He was grinning ear to ear as my eyes widened at the realisation that my hair is probably not in good shape.

I shake off the thought and step back. "Wait here," I instruct, pointing to the floor to it emphasis on the fact that he should not even move an inch.

I turn quick and sprint to my room to get a hair tie and, most importantly, pants. At least the oversized tee didn't let much of my skin show but it would still feel weird to not wear pants around this man. After sipping on a pair of sweats I open my room door to be greeted with the idiot standing in my living room.

"I told you to wait outside," I sneer with my hands on my hips.

He calmly takes his coat off and sets it on my couch. He then folds his arms and strides around the coffee table, observing my house. He brings one hand to his chin as he goes over pictures of me and my friends.

"Have you eaten today?" He asks as if he has the right to know.

"You said you wanted to discuss something..?" I counter, changing the subject.

He turns to me and smiles, this time it's a pleasing smile. "Yes, and I thought we could discuss that over lunch, Ms Winston,"

I fold my arms as I look around my apartment. "Yeah I'm not cooking for you, Mr Riccardo,"

He shakes his head and frowns. "Oh no, there's no need for you to cook for me. You had a long shift so I'm taking you out to a restaurant,"

I raise my brow because— the fuck?

"As if I'm going anywhere with you. I haven't even showered yet because my sleep was rudely interrupted—"

"Ah, yes, that's right," He pauses and joins his coat on my couch. "You may go get ready, Ms Winston," He gestures as he sits back and takes out his phone.

Dammit! What do you want for fuck's sake?!

"W-what do you think you're doing? You didn't even ask me if you could—"

"The more of my time you take, Ms Winston, the longer our lunch will be," he states as he types away on his phone.

I open my mouth to try and speak but I can't think of a smart comeback. "Y-you know I'm a woman, I'd have to put on makeup and that could take forever by the wa—"

"I'll wait," Mr Riccardo looks up at me and grins. He types again on his phon and holds it to his ear. He starts talking into it and I just glare at him.

I stomp my oof on the ground before marching to my room and slamming the door loudly. "Fucking billionaire thinks he's sooo handsome, for fuck's sake!" I know he can hear me and I don't give a damn.

I'm so busy fuming that I get a shock when I see my reflection in the mirror on my dresser. I jump back and sit on my bed, gobsmacked at this point. I don't even know what to think.

Why would he want to go on a date with me? Wait, this isn't a date, I could never date his stuck up rich ass, I'm better than that.

I fold my arms and sigh. I look at myself in the mirror again and grin.

"If he wants to play that game, very well," I whisper before getting up and going to get ready.

I put on my outfit and look at myself in the mirror. My cream coloured turtleneck dress with black leggings that fit just right on my legs is a good outfit for this plan. I put on the little bit of makeup I own which is literally just eye shadow and lipstick which is almost the same colour as my lips.

I dried my hair and styled it into a side braid which falls down just past my bust.

After one last look, I head out of my room with an exhale.

————
Hope yall enjoyedddd <3
The outfit:

————Hope yall enjoyedddd <3The outfit: