1| Delilah

The Billionaire's Baby
Copyright (c) All rights reserved.

He held me by the waist, his free hand resting on the wall beside my head. I feel his hard member prodding at my exposed thighs. He trails sloppy kisses down my neck, and before he goes further down he whispers in my ear.

"You're mine, baby..." The alcohol in his breath is strong and I cringe and the smell. I couldn't be more turned off right now. I know I won't be able to get him off me so i just squeeze my eyes shut and pray to whatever god can save me from this nightmare.

He begins kissing my shoulder and makes his way to my collar bone. "Oh, fuck, baby," he groans as he moves his hips forward, making his member known. His hand moved from the wall and down to the hem of my dress. He begins to slide it up, exposing what's left of my thigh to the cold air.

I can't take this anymore! I think to myself.

My phone begins to vibrate in my hand and I hold it up to check the caller ID. I answer it immediately.

"Hello?" I greet, trying my best to hold my dress down while talking.

"Delilah, where are you? Mrs Riccardo is going into labour and she's requested your presence! How long will it take you to get here?" My receptionist, Ethel, panics through the phone.

I gasp. "I'll be there in 10 minutes, max. Keep Ms Riccardo calm and give her a sedative for the pain,"

I end the call immediately and tap the drunken man's chest. "Hey, buddy, can you get off of me now?"

He doesn't seem to hear me and carries on kissing my neck. I roll my eyes and say, "Listen, buddy, my bestie is about to give birth so if you don't get off of me right now I'm gonna have to remove your spaghetti and meatballs,"

I then decide to shove him off me and he stumbles back and falls onto a pile of garbage bags. I run out of the alleyway and hear some shuffling around, but i don't bother to look back. He can manage, hopefully... I think as I run through the busy street.

I manage to hail a taxi and I tell the driver to go full speed to the St Riccardo Private hospital.

~~~~~~~~

"Ethel how long are the contractions?" I ask, rushing through the hallway while rolling up the sleeves of my scrubs.

Ethel, jogging behind me and almost breathless replies, "They started at 4 minutes but they're getting closer. She also refused to take the sedatives and we offered her anaesthetics but she chased the nurses out of the room and called for you-"

"Of course she did," i mumble to myself. "Let's go, Ethel. We've got a cake to take out of the oven,"

I start running ahead to the room where i can hear my best friend screaming the heads off all the nurses. When i enter the room, the junior nurses seem to sigh of relief when they see me and all step back from what they're doing.

In this hospital, I'm the one who usually gets called to calm down any patients. Whether it's labour or surgery or even to clean a wound, they call me.

My best friend is sitting on the bed with her legs spread open. Her face is red as a tomato and she's screaming through gritted teeth. "DELILAH, WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU? MY CAKE IS GONNA BURN!"

I put on my gloves and stand in front of her. "Sofia, if I remember correctly, you were the one who told me to spoil myself just three hours ago— Harry and Andrew, hold her arms down-"

Sofia's taken my wrists and is squeezing them, stopping me from helping her. "NOW!" I scold the two junior nurses and they rush to each side of the bed to take an arm.