19| Delilah

"What the FUCK did I do?!" I scream into the air before hiding my face with my clipboard.

Yesterday was the day I had officially signed my life away to an arrogant idiot of a billionaire. And I only realised when...

I got to work this morning. I was in such a daze from all the cameras, reporters and action that it didn't even register in my mind that I had signed the contract.

So now I have to give birth to a baby that could end my life.

"Ms Winston? Maybe it isn't so bad, you know. There are women who give birth around our age so, really, you should be fine. And at least you'll have him to support you in literally any way possible," Ethel pats my back gently as she tried to console me.

"I don't think he'll be able to support me emotionally, Ethel. I don't even think that man is capable of feeling emotions in any way whatsoever—" Ahem.

I'm interrupted by someone clearing their throat and I snap my head behind.

Peter stands there, dressed smart and looking like a ruthless businessman. "Ms Winston, good morning. Mr Riccardo has requested your presence in his room as soon as possible. I'll be the one to escort you,"

Behind Peter are two bodyguards.

"D-Does it have to be now?" I ask, knowing I can use my work as an excuse.

"Well, you can ask him yourself, Ms Winston. He should be calling in about 3 seconds," Peter says calmly.

Ethel and I both furrow our brows and look at each other before looking back at Peter.

"What do you mean in-" The reception phone rings and one of the other nurses picks it up.

We all look at her. Ethel and I looking curiously with a touch of fear, and Peter looking expectantly.

The nurse talks for a few seconds but then her eyes widen and she looks up at me, handing the phone over while shaking with fear.

I look at Peter before taking the phone and holding it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Delilah, Peter will escort you to my room. Don't try to use your work as an excuse, I know you've done your rounds," Mr Riccardo says in a stern tone.

How did he know? Thats what I'm asking myself right now.

Before I can even respond he speaks again. "Don't let the bodyguards have to take you again and hurry up,"

The line dies and I hand the phone back to the nurse at the desk. I slam the clipboard onto the desk and begin marching towards the elevator.

"Fucking Riccardo," I mumble angrily to myself.

As I wait outside the elevator with crossed arms, Peter stands next to me and the bodyguards stand behind him.

"Don't stay mad at him, Ms Winston. It's just who he is. He still needs to learn social etiquette so I hope you'll forgive him. And perhaps teach him some social etiquette during the time you spend together," Peter mutters the last pat under his breath.

I keep my arms crossed and enter the elevator, leaning onto the side bar with my back.

"So, why does he need to see me, Peter?" I ask.

Peter inhales as thinks for a moment. "He wants to... discuss the terms of the contract. I think that's the safest way to put it,"

"Couldn't this be done during my lunch break, or after I knock off?" I ask a bit irritated but calm.