22| Delilah

My eyes remain shut as the light blare into my face. When will you move this?

The room is silent, though. I've been left alone to... rethink my choices. I actually think this is my last chance to run away. I could easily get a new job at another hospital, a new house, a new life.

But, Sofia. I can't leave her behind...

"I really hate silence," I say to myself as I sigh and relax in the chair. As much as I can with my legs propped up and spread open.

"I find it quite amusing, actually," A voice sounds on my right and the door clicks.

I prop myself up on my elbows, taking my legs off the stands and jumping off the bench.

Mr Riccardo leans against the counter near the door and sets a little container down beside him. As I readjust my sight, I squint my eyes and look at the container realising that it's his—

"It's just my sperm. Nothing too complicated, Delilah," He says cockily.

My eyes widen and I turn away, hiding the little blush of embarrassment that spreads itself across my cheeks. The door opens again and this time it's the doctor, with Sofia trailing behind.

The doctor is quite tall for a woman and she looks damn serious. Her expression matches Mr Riccardo's as they converse and Sofia is grinning with amusement while looking at me. I avoid eye contact with her and look around the room, observing all the machinery and cabinets.

My eyes land on the container Mr Riccardo brought in again and I observe it with more attention. It's round, not too tall, quite small actually. But his sperm fill the container to about 90%.

How did he get that much just from one— nope. I ain't even finishing that thought.

He rests his hand on the counter as he keeps conversing and my eyes move to his hand. Trailing up his arm to his shoulder and back down to his hand.

I wonder if that's the hand he used— what the shit is wrong with me today?!

"Ms Winston?" I blink when my name is called. The doctor looks at me through the glasses and make up, raising a brow but putting on a bit of a smile.

"Oh, sorry," I mumble and laugh awkwardly. "Are we going to start now?"

The doctor nods and goes to the counter and pulls out a box of gloves. I take a deep breath and lay back down, propping my legs up with ease as the doctor sits down and reaches for the container in her tray and prepares the tube.

"As you know, the artificial insemination requires me to insert this tube through your labia and into your vagina. I will insert the sperm through the tube, setting it near your vaginal wall, as would happen during intercourse. Then, you will wait here for about 5 minutes for the sperm to settle into your vagina, okay?"

"Yeah," I say taking another breath as she inserts the tube.

"So, Dee," Sofia begins and I can hear the smile in her tone. She only calls me 'Dee' when she thinks I've been up to something. "Remember when you told me you've met my brother?"

"Yeah, I remember, unfortunately," I mutter the last part under my breath.

"I think you left out the part where you're fucking him too?!" She squeals in excitement. I chuckle slightly but stay still as the doctor prepares.

"I am not sleeping with your brother, Sofia," I reply.

"You know, I'm still here," Vante says. "And she's right, sorella, we are not fucking—"