8| Vante

I chuckled slightly as i stared at the closed door. Delilah's rants are sure something...

"Sir?" The guy on my phone speaks and I'm brought back to reality.

"Uh, yeah, go through with it, I'll approve it later today," With that, I end the call and look around the apartment again.

The pictures on the fireplace catch my attention again. I see Delilah with a bunch of people who I'm sure are just friends. I don't see any family pictures or anyone who looks like her. At first I'm surprised but then i think she must've also had a tough childhood.

"Has it just been you, Delilah?" I say under my breath.

I sigh and step back, deciding to explore the rest of the house instead. Sure, it's unannounced but i need to know the living conditions for the mother of my child.

The apartment itself isn't too big because the kitchen is just two steps away from the couch. It's not too full, a kettle and a toaster are on the one counter with a microwave in a shelf above them. There are some condiments and in the sink are a mug and bowl. I open the fridge to find little to no food. This sets me off and I'm starting to fume inside.

Why is she not eating? I question as i close the fridge. I open the cupboards to look for food and i find one, but it's packed with ramen and not much else.

This is an unhealthy way for you to be eating, Delilah.

I make my way to the couch and take a seat, leaning forward and resting my elbows on my knees as i try to think of what to do.

She's gonna have to come stay with me so i can manage her diet. She can't be living off ramen and hospital food. But when she's pregnant she'll have cravings. At least she'll be eating.

I contemplate for another few minutes before i hear the door open. Delilah's wearing a cream dress and leggings and the clothes make her look a lot smaller than she is. After scanning her body I make my way up to her face and I'm surprised.

"Why did you put on so much makeup?" I question.

She furrows her brows and shakes her head slightly. "I only put on eye shadow and lipstick. I don't own a lot of makeup anyways, Mr Riccardo. Can't really be wearing makeup if I'm a nurse," She states obviously.

Honestly, I'm shocked. There is no way she looks like this without makeup.

Delilah rolls her eyes at me and walks to the door where she takes a pair of black ankle boots from a rack. She puts them on with ease and grabs the bag next to the rack.

Delilah stands with her hands on her hips as I take in her new appearance. She looks so different—

Yeah, no shit, my little voice responds. Come on, just take her now, you know you want to...

I shake my head and stand up, grabbing my coat and walking over to the door. Delilah just stands too the side as i wait for her to open the door. When she doesn't and just stares at me i frown.

"Aren't I a guest, Delilah?" I hint at her.

"Do you have arms?" She counters as she folds her arms.

I narrow my eyes at her as i open the door.

"Wait!" She yells before i can step out. She makes her way around me and steps though the door.

At this point I'm glaring daggers at her and she knows it. She turns on her heel stand smiles sweetly at me. It catches me off guard for a second but when she speaks again I'm ready to rip this door off its hinges.

"Ladies first," She speaks in a high pitched tone that resembles a child.

Delilah reaches into her bag and pulls out a key. She tosses it at me and I instinctively catch it.

"If you would, please, Mr Riccardo," she gestures to the door and starts to walk down the hallway but i catch her by her wrist and put the key into her hand.

"Really cute, Ms Winston," I sneer and walk off to the elevator. I hear her slam the door and lock it when i reach the elevator.

The doors open and i turn to see Delilah marching over to me. She looks slightly flushed but pushes past me and enters the elevator, leaning on the back railing with folded arms and a pissed off look on her face. She says nothing to me during the ride down ad storms out into the lobby.

I grin internally. At least she tried.

She waits for me at the door and i take slow, relaxed strides towards her. I go through the automatic doors and walk to where Peter is waiting next to the sidewalk.

I open the back door and step aside for Delilah to get in. She lifts her chin up and begins to get in.

It's a big car so she has to climb onto the step before she can get in but, thanks to the rain, the step is wet and just before Delilah can climb in, she slips and she's bent over, hanging onto the seats as her legs hang out the car.

I freeze at the sight before me. Her dress has slid up a little too high, revealing most of her thighs and almost further up...

Oh, fuck—

Her? This is the perfect position for god's sake, Vante! My subconscious screams at me. I want to help her, but I'm too scared of what might happen so I'm frozen in place with not knowing what to do .

Delilah, on the other hand, is also frozen but when i clear my throat she begins shuffling and her foot ends up grazing my crotch, which wakes my member up a lot quicker than needed.

She keeps on shuffling but i grab her ankle, setting it onto the floor of the car so she can sit upright. When she does, I shut the door and walk around to the other side of the car.

As I do, I try my best to calm my growing excitement and I wonder how the hell that got me excited.

It's Delilah! Why else, goddammit!

I exhale and climb into the car, pushing aside my thoughts and doing my best to think straight.

Oh she'd be worth a good fuck...

I shake the thought. She won't jus be 'a good fuck', she's going to be the mother of my children, and I'm going to make sure that happens...